Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs arabs

We’re at home, we should be comfortable. After embarrassing ourselves at tannalice, they’ve only won one and drawn another. All other results have ended in losses, which makes our pumping even harder to take.

play like we did in the second half against livi and we should blow them away, but I suspect that won’t be the case. I’d like to see Ramirez get more minutes. If we really want him to go, he needs to be out in the window, but I also rate him as a striker so when miovski is having another stinker (usually away), then we should be swapping them quickly.

out

bed

Hopefully watching, time difference is good for this.

dad life.

Simply cannot start this game the way we did on Tuesday. Kennedy should start after his performance in the second half on Tuesday. Would be tempted to start him instead of Richardson at wing back. I would like to see us sticking with Miovski and Lopes up front to start but being ready to bring on Ramirez much earlier if it’s not working. United form seems to be unpredictable much like the rest of the league including ourselves. 6pm kick off means running for the train post game so spoiling chance of post match beers. 

In

train then beer in town

Y

Jogging back for last train to Capittal.

ETA - 2-0 Miovski and Kennedy

I'm heading up for this. Going by the available seats on Thursday when buying our tickets, it looks like it's going to be a big crowd - was only upper deck, uncovered south or the pricier tickets in RDR available.

We could be going into the World Cup break as high as third, or as low as seventh.

We could be seven points off a Champions League spot or seven off bottom.

Defend well and we should win. Forget the Tannadice debacle, this team has lost 9-0 and 7-0 this season. Get them pumped.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2022 at 09:12, Jute said:

Simply cannot start this game the way we did on Tuesday. Kennedy should start after his performance in the second half on Tuesday. Would be tempted to start him instead of Richardson at wing back. I would like to see us sticking with Miovski and Lopes up front to start but being ready to bring on Ramirez much earlier if it’s not working. United form seems to be unpredictable much like the rest of the league including ourselves. 6pm kick off means running for the train post game so spoiling chance of post match beers. 

In

train then beer in town

Y

Jogging back for last train to Capittal.

ETA - 2-0 Miovski and Kennedy

You'll be hoping there aren't too many VAR hold-ups then otherwise it'll be a sprint.

In

walk to Pittodrie

beers in town 

3-2

49 minutes ago, Elgindon said:

Break a bit of a pain but gets us closer to the Jan window. Goodwin apparently looking for a right and central defender.No word of a midfielder

That'll allow McRorie to move into midfield when we need some strength (like the second half). If we can't get a good midfielder in this window then addressing right back and centre back a good start. 

I've never seen such a disorganised mess win so many points at home. It's impressive. That 3-1-4-2 just wasn't working for large spells yet Goodwin persisted. The midfield was just passed by. The second half was atrocious. Kennedy deserved his start, probably, but is nowhere near good enough. Another poor game from Coulson too. Scales was good, probably motm. The rest were okay.

Edit: thought Collum handled the game well today. Gets a lot of abuse, but he generally keeps up with the game and he made the calls he was supposed to. The ref last week seemed to just be an assistant to VAR, whereas Collum actually made decisions with only a quick(ish) referral to VAR in the aftermath whilst the complaining was ongoing. He actually took charge of the game. 

Edited by RicoS321

I missed spells of the game but hadn’t noticed collum was ref until later on. Agree that he actually had a good game today.

was a pretty horrendous watch, but great that we actually delivered a result in front of a large crowd for a change.  We really had very little cohesion though.

Whilst not a classic I thought the game had a decent intensity to it.  Utd games haven't had a bit of bite to them for a while so it's good to see that return.  Delighted to get the win overall. 

I thought the defence had its best game in a while 2bh.  Utd moved the ball nicely in the second half but never really showed any penetration.  Stewart had another good game as well, his distribution has noticeably improved the past recently.