Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

No contract for Bus at De Graafschap (from the bbc website)

Dons' Bus to depart De Graafschap 

Defender Bus has only featured in four matches for the Dons

Aberdeen's on-loan defender Dave Bus has been told his contract with Dutch club De Graafschap will not be renewed when it expires this summer.

The 29-year-old Dutchman moved to Pittodrie in January but has made just four appearances.

De Graafschap have decided the player's wages make him too expensive to keep.

"Dave got a really good contract but it didn't fit well with the club's wage structure," club director Han Berger told newspaper De Gelderlander.

De Graafschap handed Bus a three-and-a-half-year deal in January 2005 but was out of favour when he moved to Aberdeen in January.

The Eredivisie side are now ready to part company with the centre-back on a permanent basis.

MY SPORT: DEBATE

Should the Dons keep hold of Dave Bus beyond the summer?

"With this contract he should now be one of the key players, but in the last two seasons he has hardly played a match," Berger said.

"If I didn't end the contract before 1 April, the contract would have automatically been extended. We didn't want to see that happen."

He was utter mince yesterday, and scored one of the most rational own goals ever. You could see him lining up the ball to head it, waiting for it to drop to the right hight, then thinking right Im going to head this now, oh shit I have just put that in my own net. :hammer:

Guest swaddon

We'd better just hope that he's not one of Jimmy's favourites, you know, the sort that would kick his own granny for a game, or is a right laugh and great to have around the place.