Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Alfie Bavidge

Another hat trick for this youngster yesterday in a 4-1 win away to St Mirren.

That's a hat trick of hat tricks in the last three games.

Can't say I know much about the lad other than he comes from a footballing family.

Seems to (me anyway) to  have flown under the radar as Harvey & Pirie have been attracting the attention.

Note he is only contracted until May 2023 so hopefully we are looking at extending this. 

Might only be sixteen but could he take the Ramirez seat on the bench come January if he leaves.

Read elsewhere he is training with first team squad apparently.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Appreciate I am the only member contributing to this thread,but yet another hat trick for young Bavidge today 👍

As per Fergie's thinking, if you're good enough, you're old enough 😉

Think he is a bit unlucky at the moment we have 3 decent strikers in front of him or he would be on the bench tonight. 

• 4 weeks later...

Only thing I've seen is his contract running out next May?

Guessing he's from the same fold as Mitch(Elgin City) and Martin(ICT).

Think were in a better place now for someone like him to progress,to the too desperate for them to succeed eras of Bagshaw,Fyvie Grimshaw. Good variety of good strikers above him,good scope to dip him in/out the first team.

Hopes not over raised either given the Scottish alkie at 18 potential,and previous damp squibs.Strong and powerful though,look forward to seeing him in a couple first team games soon

Edited by Elgindon

2 hours ago, Jute said:

Not sure Lewis Pirie will be staying on. Loads of interest from down South and he has not had the best of experience with Dons youth system in the past. 

Please expand on the not having the best experience so far for Pirie ?

30 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Please expand on the not having the best experience so far for Pirie ?

Dons ditched him a while back and he went to Dundee then club took him back year later. Few things around that period that did not go down well. 

4 minutes ago, Jute said:

Dons ditched him a while back and he went to Dundee then club took him back year later. Few things around that period that did not go down well. 

Wow, didn't know that mate.

Doesn't sound like he'll feel he owes up anything when that first professional contract is put in front of him 🤔

• 1 year later...

Bringing this back from the dead…

Found myself at QOS v Kelty this afternoon so paid close attention to our boy Alfie. First impression: we don’t need to worry about him being physically ready, he’s a well-built lad for someone who doesn’t turn 18 until next week.

Played on the right side of Kelty’s attack which limited the number of clear cut chances he got but he was always keen to take possession and have a go at his man. He had a couple of half chances on the angle but didn’t trouble the keeper, which I’m sure he’d have liked to have done.

It looked like he was an integral part of Kelty’s team and was fully involved in the celebrations of their goals and at full time so he really seems to have embraced the move and all that comes with it.

Whether he’s ready for top flight football (he said confidently) next season is hard to say based on 90 minutes but it’ll be a good decision for the new manager to have to make. Pretty sure that hanging about our struggling team looking for minutes here and there this year wouldn’t have done him much good so thumbs up to all concerned with the move.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, wee toon red said:

Bringing this back from the dead…

Found myself at QOS v Kelty this afternoon so paid close attention to our boy Alfie. First impression: we don’t need to worry about him being physically ready, he’s a well-built lad for someone who doesn’t turn 18 until next week.

Played on the right side of Kelty’s attack which limited the number of clear cut chances he got but he was always keen to take possession and have a go at his man. He had a couple of half chances on the angle but didn’t trouble the keeper, which I’m sure he’d have liked to have done.

It looked like he was an integral part of Kelty’s team and was fully involved in the celebrations of their goals and at full time so he really seems to have embraced the move and all that comes with it.

Whether he’s ready for top flight football (he said confidently) next season is hard to say based on 90 minutes but it’ll be a good decision for the new manager to have to make. Pretty sure that hanging about our struggling team looking for minutes here and there this year wouldn’t have done him much good so thumbs up to all concerned with the move.

Aye, he's looked good in the short bits I've seen, and my mate said he played well against Cove Huns earlier in the season. 

However, Ryan Duncan also looked physically strong and a good first team prospect with his performances at Peterhead, so it's probably not a barometer of much. I think he'll be ready for a go next season, and I'd have him in the squad.