Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Energy mafia!

We cannot let these disgusting energy mafia get away with there murderous plan!! Stand up to the scum! If even just for your children's future. It's utter and complete disgusting greed!

While the c u n t s post record profits on social media they are gladly forcing many into complete poverty & worse! It's heat or eat! And those tory scumbags wont do anything to help.

• Like 1

@dontpayUK is one, also cancel your DD go variable but only pay what you can reasonably afford. Also make a complaint if they offer a tiny miniscule reduction refuse and use the ombudsman if even only a 150k did this the energy company will have paid 1M+ in Fees! Every other country in the EU have had there increase go up for energy but by a fraction compared to here' up 7% France , 21% Spain, Italy went up 52%.. but in this UK its went up 215%! Utterly disgusting!

• Like 1

They made the account just over 6 weeks ago' just wish more from Scotland would join & rally in support of it.

Basically the rise is inhumane its daylight robbery and the torys or any English gov for that matter will never nationalise the energy companies like in other countries bcause they get massive payment's from the c u n t s!  100% fact tory MPs get all expenses paid like £50 for breakfast £100 for lunch.

These luxuries along with travel expenses and may i add they don't all just take taxis they add plane flights & fkn limos to the exspenses the lot.

It's a disgusting & evil Unscrupulous Kingdom perpetrated by the UKgov

Screenshot_20220810-200126_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by The D.O.C.1903

All well and good, but several parts of this are incorrect.

Ombudsman does indeed charge energy companies to investigate and rule upon complaints BUT only ones that they take on.

They will not however get involved in a case where the consumer is being charged as per what they signed up for, therefore anyone on a variable rate deal where the rate is increasing is still on the deal they signed up for, therefore in conclusion no case to answer for.

For the avoidance of any doubt, I'm not taking sides in this, the sector is a horrific mess at present and one in two households will find themselves in "fuel poverty" post 1st October and prices will continue to rise or remain at current levels for at least the next eighteen to twenty four months, merely highlighting that refusing or being unable to pay your energy bill doesn't give grounds for action against the provider. 

9 hours ago, The D.O.C.1903 said:

Well I'll be refusing to pay as its utterly inhumane. My complaint will be that I simply cannot afford the massively unfair hikes & that its damaging my MH > Uk = Unscrupulous Kingdom! 

Screenshot_20220811-100845_WhatsApp.jpg

Good for you. I think you're certainly in the right, but that's of little use to you.

The Scottish independence angle is an interesting one. The French have halted the rise as their industry is effectively nationalised. That would certainly be an option upon independence, and one I'd be fine with, but it's not been suggested by the main mouthpiece - SNP - for independence. The reality is we'd be electing a party based on that type of offering post independence, and there's no certainty that would win a majority in Scotland (I can't imagine any of the SNP high ups making that a policy for example). Furthermore, that wouldn't be an option whilst joining the EU either (France will do what it likes), as it'd be the first thing the cunts come for when we're not running our surplus.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/08/2022 at 19:46, The D.O.C.1903 said:

@dontpayUK is one,

I'm likely to sign up to this. Anyone else on here going to? 

I've had a long think, and I believe it's incumbent on everyone in the UK to sign up to this. It's the equivalent of the Iraq war protests, morally speaking. That's about all I can compare it to. Then, it was about sending poor young lads to their deaths (not just that of course) and now it's about people freezing to death. When it comes down to it, the only justification I can give for not joining in is that I can afford to pay my bills. In other words: "I'm alright (Jack)" or "it's okay, it's not me it's affecting". I mean, I'll give my £20 per month to cancer research or whatever, facelessly "doing my bit", but really that's just something for my ego - it's completely meaningless. If I can't actually do something meaningful for people in this country when they need help, that doesn't say much about me. It's the right thing to do, isn't it?

We're literally saying that people will have to die this winter because of a man made fictional global market. Guys? You realise we just made this shit up? Shouldn't we just change the game slightly to make it a little less deathly? No? 

Anybody have a different opinion? Is there any other reason than "I'm alright Jack" that others have for not signing up? I'm sure I haven't thought of everything.

Edited by RicoS321

38 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

I'm likely to sign up to this. Anyone else on here going to? 

I've had a long think, and I believe it's incumbent on everyone in the UK to sign up to this. It's the equivalent of the Iraq war protests, morally speaking. That's about all I can compare it to. Then, it was about sending poor young lads to their deaths (not just that of course) and now it's about people freezing to death. When it comes down to it, the only justification I can give for not joining in is that I can afford to pay my bills. In other words: "I'm alright (Jack)" or "it's okay, it's not me it's affecting". I mean, I'll give my £20 per month to cancer research or whatever, facelessly "doing my bit", but really that's just something for my ego - it's completely meaningless. If I can't actually do something meaningful for people in this country when they need help, that doesn't say much about me. It's the right thing to do, isn't it?

We're literally saying that people will have to die this winter because of a man made fictional global market. Guys? You realise we just made this shit up? Shouldn't we just change the game slightly to make it a little less deathly? No? 

Anybody have a different opinion? Is there any other reason than "I'm alright Jack" that others have for not signing up? I'm sure I haven't thought of everything.

I’m ignorant here as I don’t have the time to pay attention to what’s going on at home these days, what shit is made up?? The whole world is totally fucked at the moment in so many ways. Over here King Biden is doing a great job and in California they stated this week that gas cars will not be allowed to be sold from 2035, yet the following day beg for people to turn off electrical appliances, don’t charge electric cars etc because they cannot handle the current power demands. Madness.

9 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

I’m ignorant here as I don’t have the time to pay attention to what’s going on at home these days, what shit is made up?? The whole world is totally fucked at the moment in so many ways. Over here King Biden is doing a great job and in California they stated this week that gas cars will not be allowed to be sold from 2035, yet the following day beg for people to turn off electrical appliances, don’t charge electric cars etc because they cannot handle the current power demands. Madness.

The global energy market. There is zero reason for it to exist in the way it does other than ideology. The UK isn't buying global gas (or certainly very little of it). Nuclear and renewables are serving the majority of our electricity needs, but are selling at the market price. What is the purpose of any political party if there's a huge elephant in the room that nobody is allowed to question? One that it entirely made up. 

I'm not familiar with the California situation but the answer elsewhere in the world is not going to be electric cars (I have one). It's not going to be cars full stop. The notion that we can live in a planet where everyone has their own individual metal box to shuttle them back and forth simply - and only - due to bad city design is ludicrous. They're right to ban the sale of new petrol/diesel cars by 2035 for very obvious reasons, but I have little faith in any government anywhere providing a solution. There's no excuse for any Western country not solving the problem in that timeframe. We seem to be in an age of complete paralysis when the biggest disasters (peak fossil fuel and climate change) are staring us in the coupon. We're failing on every single metric that the planet could ever set for us and being told to play a childish game of blue versus red while it happens. I struggle to see why anyone is discussing Biden Vs Trump or Tory Vs Labour, or even independence Vs Westminster as if it's in any way relevant.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

The global energy market. There is zero reason for it to exist in the way it does other than ideology. The UK isn't buying global gas (or certainly very little of it). Nuclear and renewables are serving the majority of our electricity needs, but are selling at the market price. What is the purpose of any political party if there's a huge elephant in the room that nobody is allowed to question? One that it entirely made up. 

I'm not familiar with the California situation but the answer elsewhere in the world is not going to be electric cars (I have one). It's not going to be cars full stop. The notion that we can live in a planet where everyone has their own individual metal box to shuttle them back and forth simply - and only - due to bad city design is ludicrous. They're right to ban the sale of new petrol/diesel cars by 2035 for very obvious reasons, but I have little faith in any government anywhere providing a solution. There's no excuse for any Western country not solving the problem in that timeframe. We seem to be in an age of complete paralysis when the biggest disasters (peak fossil fuel and climate change) are staring us in the coupon. We're failing on every single metric that the planet could ever set for us and being told to play a childish game of blue versus red while it happens. I struggle to see why anyone is discussing Biden Vs Trump or Tory Vs Labour, or even independence Vs Westminster as if it's in any way relevant.

I’m not getting into political debates, waste of time. But I think govt is very relevant. Biden and Trump are two perfect examples of very different policies relating to energy. Both affect their countries in very different ways. While you have little faith in any government, I think leadership and philosophy makes a difference.

33 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

I’m not getting into political debates, waste of time. But I think govt is very relevant. Biden and Trump are two perfect examples of very different policies relating to energy. Both affect their countries in very different ways. While you have little faith in any government, I think leadership and philosophy makes a difference.

Of course it makes a difference, just not the two people, or parties you state. Or, sorry, the differences are minimal. I'd be interested to hear the very different energy policies. I mean actual policy, not what both of them said they would do.

I have family in California and its not went up so brutally as it has here! The UK or should I say U'nscrupulous K'ingdom has the highest hikes in the western world by far! Its all fucking just pure evil greed. Rico cancel DD * pay what u can afford and set up vryy small re payment plan or & make a complaint to ombudsman.

28 minutes ago, The D.O.C.1903 said:

I have family in California and its not went up so brutally as it has here! The UK or should I say U'nscrupulous K'ingdom has the highest hikes in the western world by far! Its all fucking just pure evil greed. Rico cancel DD * pay what u can afford and set up vryy small re payment plan or & make a complaint to ombudsman.

All fine until you bring the ombudsman into the equation again. What exactly is he going to complain to them about ?

You can't complain because the variable price has varied 😉

3 hours ago, BigAl said:

All fine until you bring the ombudsman into the equation again. What exactly is he going to complain to them about ?

You can't complain because the variable price has varied 😉

I agree. I'll just be doing the don't pay UK thing in October if it reaches 1 million*. Just a straight refusal. It's logical, like the poll tax refusal. 

Will you be joining in? If not, can I ask why not? Do you think there are any other ways in which we can help those who can't afford their bills with a government that is refusing to listen?

*My assumption is that if it has reached the target, it has because the government has done nothing. I personally believe they will act in a week or so, so that Truss can claim hero status.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

I agree. I'll just be doing the don't pay UK thing in October if it reaches 1 million*. Just a straight refusal. It's logical, like the poll tax refusal. 

Will you be joining in? If not, can I ask why not? Do you think there are any other ways in which we can help those who can't afford their bills with a government that is refusing to listen?

*My assumption is that if it has reached the target, it has because the government has done nothing. I personally believe they will act in a week or so, so that Truss can claim hero status.

No

I have my reasons and don't wish to publish on here but those that know the nature of the business I operate will understand Rico.

Of course Truss is going to come charging over the horizon in the next week or so presenting herself as saviour of the nation. I am out of the country so didn't see it but believe she pretty much stated that when interviewed on BBC this morning ?

• Like 1