Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Bob Dylan: "Your Phone Will Be Locked Away Or No Show."

I see Bob Dylan is doing some shows soon and he says if anybody wants to attend they must be prepared to have their phone put away in some secure locker.

When I heard this we thought to myself;

"I wish we could do this at football matches too."

It has really become a big bug bear of mine that supporters constantly film every corner, free-kick, penalty whatever.  JUST LIVE IN THE BLOODY MOMENT!  I actually think we as a society are going to the gutter on this matter.

Stone Roses intro below really does say what I feel.  But then I'm from Manchester and us Manc's know the score.

I think you make a very good point. I'm guessing Dylan is concerned that if people have their phones, then there's a greater chance they might arrange a taxi to leave his show. We've definitely gone too far down the phone hole in society though. You're right about football matches, but I expect that's significantly worse in yer Manchester football than watching the Dons. There's undoubtedly a massive addiction issue, worse than anything we've experienced as a species I expect, with phones. Social media has to be described as an overall negative, with any benefits completely outweighed by its infectious design.

I always remember when apple did the iTunes festivals which were available on video on your apple phone/iPod. You could only get tickets with your apple device. Yet every show had folk with their phones out...

Went to see Neil Young at Hyde Park a few years ago, which Dylan was co-headlining. Spoke to a wifie in her 60's in the bar queue who said she'd seen him in the 60's/70's as a teen and he was horrendous and she'd walked out of the gig, and that a few of her of her group had seen him since and said the same, so they were leaving after Neil Young. We stayed, but left before he finished his set, along with more than 80% of the audience. I'd imagine the only ones left at the end were the group of Norwegian weirdo's we were sat drinking next to all afternoon. They had seen him over 50 times and followed him all round the world. 

• Like 1