Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs saints (junkies)

Never has a season ended with such relief. I really hope we get to see consi make a final appearance and get a win. Would be a shite ending if neither happened. He certainly deserves a decent send off (testimonial) but I can’t see that happening either. 

I really hope we don’t see Montgomery return next season, so I absolutely do not want to see him in this line up. Could be the last time we see quite a few of the first team.

Out

bed

bed

bed

1-0 dons, consi 

Thankfully the 12pm kick off means only 1 train gets to Aberdeen in time from here so got the perfect excuse for not bothering with this. Feel sorry for Considine as cannot see there being many there to see him off. Hope does not go to another SPL club for next season. 

oot

flat

flat

flat

0-0

Couple of items of interest rather than excitement:

1. Good to see Considine captain and hopefully he gets subbed off early to allow a suitable ovation.

2. I hope the boy Harvey gets the second half. Was he recalled from the Scotland u17 euros squad for this? If so anything other than a decent runout would be weird.

Is it a bit crazy of me to point out that the only two league victories we had since Boxing Day 2021 are why there is just a six point gap between us and relegation play-off games??  That a pretty scary realisation for even my nervous system.  

That was fairly terrible, as expected. Good for Considine to get 50 minutes, we were far better with him at the back, more aggressive and a better shape, atrocious decision to let him go. We'd better be ditching Gallagher too, he's way worse. 

Just the same as always, nothing in attack, limp in midfield and shakey in defence. Our worst season in two decades. A huge turnaround required. 

Special mention to the weird penalty overturning. What the fuck happened? Why was there a drop ball after? 

5 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Special mention to the weird penalty overturning. What the fuck happened? Why was there a drop ball after?

image.png.7fa19c6fcdf25ace7c039284dbbc1b18.png

So it was definitely a hand ball. There's maybe a shove on the player, but then no free kick was given and the game was restarted with a drop ball. Mental.

2 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

image.png.7fa19c6fcdf25ace7c039284dbbc1b18.png

So it was definitely a hand ball. There's maybe a shove on the player, but then no free kick was given and the game was restarted with a drop ball. Mental.

If Bates is giving him a shove why isn't his upper body tipping forward ? And why does the ref, when he's disallowing the pen, indicate that it hit his head first?

2 minutes ago, dons8321 said:

If Bates is giving him a shove why isn't his upper body tipping forward ? And why does the ref, when he's disallowing the pen, indicate that it hit his head first?

Because he is an ex St Midden player and apparently a cheating bastard on today's evidence 🤔

Just now, BigAl said:

Because he is an ex St Midden player and apparently a cheating bastard on today's evidence 🤔

Surely that's not right...'cos whenever the ref crosses the touchline they are completely neutral like Collum, Madden, McLean  etc. etc.

1 hour ago, dons8321 said:

I don't think there was a shove, it's a still photo too so no idea about his body moving, I was merely offering an explanation. I believe that what happened was that the ref gave the penalty for handball. On speaking to the linesman, he overturns it because the linesman says it hasn't hit his hand it's hit his head. Now, obviously the linesman has that completely wrong, but it's the only explanation that would disallow the pen, but also result in no free kick. However, the dons should at the very least have been challenging the drop ball, as had the ball deflected off the player's head then it would have just as likely landed at one of our player's feet. The referee clearly screwed up in his handling of it after the linesman had made his airse of it. 

Edited by RicoS321

1 hour ago, Jute said:

To be fair to the ref he gave the penalty it was the linesman who persuaded him to overturn the decision. 

Disallowed goal and failure to show second yellow to St Mirren player.

Inexcusable

Cheating bastard

34 minutes ago, manc_don said:

0-0, sums up our season well. Thank fuck that’s over. Please don’t make an arse of the off season, Goodwin and co. It’ll be even worse if killie finish above us next season.

Spare a thought for me if that happens 🙄

1 hour ago, manc_don said:

0-0, sums up our season well. Thank fuck that’s over. Please don’t make an arse of the off season, Goodwin and co. It’ll be even worse if killie finish above us next season.

With Considine as Captain.