Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Just read this....I mean has the world lost its sense of humour or something?  Are you not allowed to take the piss out of anything any more?  And does this mean our Gorgie/Glasgow/Dundee slums song must go?  Maybe we can't even sing about ourselves being sheep shaggers either in case someone gets offended.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61376475

Edited by wokinginashearerwonderland

I sort of agree with it, it’s a bit crass really making fun of people because of their socio-economic status which is often largely out of their control.

Best sticking it to them based on their behaviour and character traits. Which fortunately allows us to continue reminding Rangers/Celtic/Dundee United/Hearts/Hibs fans that they’re scum (and they know they are).

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Just read this....I mean has the world lost its sense of humour or something?  Are you not allowed to take the piss out of anything any more?  And does this mean our Gorgie/Glasgow/Dundee slums song must go?  Maybe we can't even sing about ourselves being sheep shaggers either in case someone gets offended.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61376475

Sheep shaggers is probably acceptable still, given that we're not actually all sheep shaggers (I'm speaking for you guys, I'm currently eyeing a couple out of my window as we speak). There is a crassness, as Slim suggests about singing about Dundee and Glasgow in terms of their relative poverty. I think it's fine to continue as is though, I doubt anyone actually gives a fuck. In a world where everything is filtered through the lens of social media, we have to be careful not to confuse some cunt virtue signalling on Twitter and actual loss of free speech. Nobody is stopping anyone else singing or doing anything, it's just simply a tweet that the BBC has afforded news coverage too. This person is opening a debate on the subject, and that's probably a good thing as long as it stays that way. The difficulty comes when there is a video circulated of someone singing "sign on", it goes viral and they end up losing their job in the ultimate irony. The lines are being blurred daily, and it won't be long before social media controls all boundaries of human interaction. It's a horrible thing we've created.