Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen Podcast List

1 hour ago, manc_don said:

Is here we go still going? Seems to have died a death which was quite a shame. Listen to RTG and ABZ fairly religiously now. Really good way to keep up along with the Scottish football podcast.

Aye it's still on the go. I've put the right link for them up now. 🤪

Just the guys at Red Tinted Glasses are going to give me a name drop when they interview Josh Walker.  They'd forgotten he had finished his career as captain of Edinburgh City after scoring his first senior goal on loan with us against Bayern 'Bloody' Munich aged eighteen!!

11 hours ago, SeeBass said:

Just the guys at Red Tinted Glasses are going to give me a name drop when they interview Josh Walker.  They'd forgotten he had finished his career as captain of Edinburgh City after scoring his first senior goal on loan with us against Bayern 'Bloody' Munich aged eighteen!!

I’d heard that and was sure he’d played at city. 

9 hours ago, manc_don said:

I’d heard that and was sure he’d played at city. 

Definitely did. Played first season in league 2 from memory. Signed for Tranent juniors who are in tier 6 of the pyramid last year but not aware of him actually playing for them. 

I find a player's career like Josh's quite fascinating.  Goes on loan as a teenager from his hometown area and does what he did against Bayern Munich never to be really seen or heard from again except a short stint in India where one shall win their National Cup before retiring at thirty.    

• 2 months later...

I've only listened to Red Tinted Glasses once. Should probably give it a go to see fit like.

ABZ, I listened to bits of it and it seems quite good, but what puts me off is how long many of the episodes are. They seem to be over two hours long on average. I don't have two hours to listen to a podcast. 

Here We Go - it's usually the one I listen to (and have even been on it a few times mumbling gibberish).

Graham Spiers regularly hosts Aberdeen podcasts on his Patreon. Listened to a few and they were alright, but I cancelled my subscription when he gave Roger Mitchell airtime. Yes I'm that petty.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Panda said:

I've only listened to Red Tinted Glasses once. Should probably give it a go to see fit like.

ABZ, I listened to bits of it and it seems quite good, but what puts me off is how long many of the episodes are. They seem to be over two hours long on average. I don't have two hours to listen to a podcast. 

Here We Go - it's usually the one I listen to (and have even been on it a few times mumbling gibberish).

Graham Spiers regularly hosts Aberdeen podcasts on his Patreon. Listened to a few and they were alright, but I cancelled my subscription when he gave Roger Mitchell airtime. Yes I'm that petty.

I don't mind the length, but mainly because it gives me time to listen to a full episode near enough on my commute (bus / train / walk and vice versa). Interviews they have are always good value and generally not your typical stuff.  It does however mean, I don't have too much time for other pods, but I am trying to listen to the variety to keep the opinions fresh.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/04/2022 at 22:56, Panda said:

Update (even though nobody wanted one), listened to the latest ABZ & red tinted episodes, both were excellent.

Just a shame the football team they were talking about isn't. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Panda said:

Update (even though nobody wanted one), listened to the latest ABZ & red tinted episodes, both were excellent.

Just a shame the football team they were talking about isn't. 

Really enjoy what they have to offer. Need to the latest ones yet though.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Figured I'd add mine to this thread. Im a stateside Dandy and I started this solo project called View From The Red Shed.

I record a weekly podcast and also post daily content across a variety of social media accounts, and we even have a pretty active group chat on Discord!

You can check out the podcast and all of the social accounts, along with the Discord invite in the Link Tree here!

Thanks!

Matt

vftrs.PNG

• Like 2

• 5 months later...