Jump to content

Scottish League Cup

Sunday 10 July 2022 - kick-off 3pm

Peterhead v Aberdeen

Stand Free!

Aberdeen Podcast List


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, manc_don said:

Is here we go still going? Seems to have died a death which was quite a shame. Listen to RTG and ABZ fairly religiously now. Really good way to keep up along with the Scottish football podcast.

Aye it's still on the go. I've put the right link for them up now. 🤪

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just the guys at Red Tinted Glasses are going to give me a name drop when they interview Josh Walker.  They'd forgotten he had finished his career as captain of Edinburgh City after scoring his first senior goal on loan with us against Bayern 'Bloody' Munich aged eighteen!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, SeeBass said:

Just the guys at Red Tinted Glasses are going to give me a name drop when they interview Josh Walker.  They'd forgotten he had finished his career as captain of Edinburgh City after scoring his first senior goal on loan with us against Bayern 'Bloody' Munich aged eighteen!!

I’d heard that and was sure he’d played at city. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, manc_don said:

I’d heard that and was sure he’d played at city. 

Definitely did. Played first season in league 2 from memory. Signed for Tranent juniors who are in tier 6 of the pyramid last year but not aware of him actually playing for them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I find a player's career like Josh's quite fascinating.  Goes on loan as a teenager from his hometown area and does what he did against Bayern Munich never to be really seen or heard from again except a short stint in India where one shall win their National Cup before retiring at thirty.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

I've only listened to Red Tinted Glasses once. Should probably give it a go to see fit like.

ABZ, I listened to bits of it and it seems quite good, but what puts me off is how long many of the episodes are. They seem to be over two hours long on average. I don't have two hours to listen to a podcast. 

Here We Go - it's usually the one I listen to (and have even been on it a few times mumbling gibberish).

Graham Spiers regularly hosts Aberdeen podcasts on his Patreon. Listened to a few and they were alright, but I cancelled my subscription when he gave Roger Mitchell airtime. Yes I'm that petty.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Panda said:

I've only listened to Red Tinted Glasses once. Should probably give it a go to see fit like.

ABZ, I listened to bits of it and it seems quite good, but what puts me off is how long many of the episodes are. They seem to be over two hours long on average. I don't have two hours to listen to a podcast. 

Here We Go - it's usually the one I listen to (and have even been on it a few times mumbling gibberish).

Graham Spiers regularly hosts Aberdeen podcasts on his Patreon. Listened to a few and they were alright, but I cancelled my subscription when he gave Roger Mitchell airtime. Yes I'm that petty.

I don't mind the length, but mainly because it gives me time to listen to a full episode near enough on my commute (bus / train / walk and vice versa). Interviews they have are always good value and generally not your typical stuff.  It does however mean, I don't have too much time for other pods, but I am trying to listen to the variety to keep the opinions fresh.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 07/04/2022 at 22:56, Panda said:

I've only listened to Red Tinted Glasses once. Should probably give it a go to see fit like.

ABZ, I listened to bits of it and it seems quite good, but what puts me off is how long many of the episodes are. They seem to be over two hours long on average. I don't have two hours to listen to a podcast. 

Here We Go - it's usually the one I listen to (and have even been on it a few times mumbling gibberish).

Graham Spiers regularly hosts Aberdeen podcasts on his Patreon. Listened to a few and they were alright, but I cancelled my subscription when he gave Roger Mitchell airtime. Yes I'm that petty.

Update (even though nobody wanted one), listened to the latest ABZ & red tinted episodes, both were excellent.

Just a shame the football team they were talking about isn't. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Panda said:

Update (even though nobody wanted one), listened to the latest ABZ & red tinted episodes, both were excellent.

Just a shame the football team they were talking about isn't. 

Really enjoy what they have to offer. Need to the latest ones yet though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...