Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons vs Well

Another home game, out last venture before the international break, which feels like it's coming at the wrong time for us.  Well were pumped by the huns so that must mean we'll pump them, right? Good old school play ground logic...I think we'll get a draw out of this one, and i'd be pleased enough with that. Given where we were a few weeks back, going through this period undefeated would be some turnaround.

Wells form overall has been pretty poor of late, last tasting victory in September (yes, one of their victories was against us) so they're there for the taking. Hoping we don't have any fresh injury doubts and can effectively start with the same team that started the weekend.  It's also good to know that the tweak at 1/2 time means we could have a potential plan B.

Out
Bed
Bed
Bed
1-1, Ramirez

Potential banana skin,be interesting to watch how we deal with this kind of fixture with 'Well likely to be sitting in after last weekend.Be happy with a scrappy1 - 0 win.

In or oot - In

Furryboots - Mainer

Pre  - Work

Post - Da ken

Prediction -  2 - 1  Ramirez,Hayes

On 03/11/2021 at 17:03, OrlandoDon said:

I will not be happy with anything other than a win. Dropping points to a team like Motherwell certainly ruins the feeling of the last three games.

3-1 win, Ferguson Ramirez and hedges 

That’s the spirit! I’m just nervous. Well have only won twice away from home this season, one of which was against QOTS in the cup.

1 hour ago, manc_don said:

That’s the spirit! I’m just nervous. We’ll have only won twice away from home this season, one of which was against QOTS in the cup.

Looked at that, time and again and didn't immediately get what you'd meant to type there, but got it in the end 😉

7 hours ago, Panda said:

Interesting stat.

Motherwell are currently bottom six so should that make us worried?

57FC9D41-78F7-40BD-B754-E85E2F8733BF.jpeg

Yes, it should. It'll be interesting to see if Hedges and Watkins being available will unlock the defences of those teams that come and sit in. I'd like to see us taking a few shots from distance early doors, see if we can get Ramirez onto any scraps in what will be interesting conditions. It might draw them put a bit and Hedges and Watkins will get in behind. If we get the first, we'll win. I'd retain the back three from the start too and avoid any mistakes.

If everyone is fit from last week then would go with the same starting line up. 

Motherwell are physical side who will sit in but they are on a poor run at the moment so if we can get an early goal their confidence may collapse. 

oot

flat

local game somewhere

flat

2-0 Ferguson and Hedges

Van Veen loves playing us doesn't he?  The defending for both goals was all kinds of hopeless.  We were really good first half too and thought it was only a matter of time before we scored.   Should have had a pen, Ramirez was pulled down in the box 

Aye we were good enough first half,should have capitalised,but you could see them gaining confidence the longer it went on(after doing nothing). Wasnt particularly confident we could turn it round after their first,and the second just a sickener. 

Hoping for a quick bounce back v Utd.  🤔

That was fairly pish. Reminiscent of many of our games this season and last. Team comes up and hoofs us off the park for 45 minutes, carefully ensuring that each player takes a booking. The dons run out of ideas before forgetting defending. Bring on McGinn who immediately brings others into the game but the opposition are already sitting deep and we can't draw them out. Their keeper was good too. Campbell and McGeouch poor, and I couldn't work out what happened with the defence for the goals, there were gaping holes.

Special mention to the Motherwell neds starting fights in the boozer. Classy.