Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons - arabs - first game of the season

So the new era (domestically) is upon us. Intrigued to see how we set up, if it’s closer to the first game against the Swedes or something completely different. I suspect not; but hopefully JET is ok? Was mightily impressed with his play in the first leg and definitely struggled in the second. Any news on how he’s holding up? Plenty of weaknesses for good teams to exploit at the mo, but hopefully as the season progresses we can iron them out / mitigate them. 

tickets for the game were  snapped up very quickly, so hopefully the few thousand that are able to attend make a decent racket. 

out

bed

bed

Bed

2-1 dons, Ramirez and hedges 

Battle of the ex development team managers. Both appointed by their mates without any real recruitment process. Interesting to see if this turns out to be a master stroke by both clubs or an utter cluster fuck. 

Surely to fuck we cannot go a 5th game against this mob without scoring.

Oot

working

stream or radio

flat or out depending on weather

1-0 Hedges

Cant believe we didnt manage to score against that shower. Dont really see their not being goals the morn though,....at which end am not sure .If Gallacher brings a bit of defensive assurance,hopefully gives us confidence to get at them.

An optimistic 5 - 1 to the Dons (Ferguson x2,Ramirez hat trick)

Optimistic for this one.  I had a wee look on a Jute forum to see what they think.  A lot of their fans reckon they could face a relegation scrap.  Last few results have been 1-0 wins over arbroath and East Fife and from what I could tell with the stats the jutes were given a game both times. 

Score early we could do some real damage imo.  

Don's to win by 3. 

It'll be an interesting one, looking forward to it. I'm not sure how our European performances will transpose domestically. Despite five goals in the opening fixture, we're a little light up front. McInnes understood the logic of scoring the first goal to return the most points. It'll be interesting to see if Glass' team can overcome that barrier, thus allowing us to play a bit more open. I've a feeling that we'll put McRorie at right back and Gallagher in the centre which would give us less threat than with Ramsay in my opinion. I'm going for 3-1 the dons, with Ferguson, Hedges and Jet getting the goals.

Just back, good solid performance. Good game management from McI... Glass for the last twenty! Fantastic play from Ramsay for the second goal and great movement from Ramirez. Jet looked good again and after a few shaky moments at the back, McRorie and Considine looked very good (to the extent I think Gallagher will have to wait a bit longer). I'd give Hayes man of the match though, his workrate and movement was really good as well as tracking back when required. Still not convinced that Ojo offers anything high right or left but he worked hard. Crying out for someone like Hedges coming on to offer a bit of pace against the fullback. McLennan wasn't great when he came on. McKenzie really good today too.

• Like 1

Thought McKenzie was a bit cautious to start with but came onto a game.Would have been intersting to see what Hedges could have done in a game like today,hopefully the transfer rumours are nonsense.Nae sure about Ojo either,but he seems to be playing with a bit of confidence,might get more out of him with a longer run

Too many heart-in-mouth moments from the defence today though - hoping Glass is just keeping Gallagher back for Thursday (and beyond), otherwise we have to get a lot tighter there in short order, a better team will easily exploit our frequent communicative lapses.

4 hours ago, Elgindon said:

Thought McKenzie was a bit cautious to start with but came onto a game.Would have been intersting to see what Hedges could have done in a game like today,hopefully the transfer rumours are nonsense.Nae sure about Ojo either,but he seems to be playing with a bit of confidence,might get more out of him with a longer run

What transfer rumors?

9 hours ago, HaarDon said:

Ramirez looks like a very decent find.

Hopefully you are right but you've got to give him time, he's played one league game.   I can remember folk saying exactly the same about Devlin and Gallagher (Jon) then slating them further down the line.  You can't properly judge a player until he's played 25 games.  I'll be interested to see Ramirez handles Livingston's plastic pitch on a Wednesday night in January.