Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪️🔴

Quiz Related Aberdeen Questions

Thinking about Calvin Ramsay making that European debut last Thursday night.  The 5,665 permitted crowd for said game was crap beyond belief which is being nice.  But so happy he, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas plus Christian Ramirez they had a support of sort in Pittodrie regarding their continental debut which should be treated very preciously where I'm concerned.

Just wonder twenty five year from now if our No.22 might have his name forgotten when asking;

"Name your Aberdeen right back who while earning first Europa Conference League start at 17 year old shone against Swedish side BK Hacken?"

Any other Dandy related question folk would trip up on??

Edited by SeeBass
Grammar Error

Most embarrassing one for me was occurred at a pub quiz in Weeg. Question was what was score in Aberdeen’s 1983 cup winners cup success and for bonus points who were the scorers. Had a total blank on Black being first scorer. Rest of team knew and not one was a Dons fan. Very embarrassing.

Not so much of being tripped up but rather another incident where the quiz master was misinformed.

Ended up taking part in a quiz night organised by Aberdeen Uni Medical students (was promised they wouldn't had lots of medical questions - lies!!!) and in the sports round they asked who had scored Aberdeen's goal at the weekend and being the only football fan in the team I put down Alexander Diamond.

Think a few others put this answer down as the quiz master took it upon himself to announce anyone who put down Alexander wouldnt get the points as Diamonds first name was 'Zander'
After that I stopped feeling uneasy that our team name was 'The Harold Shipman Appreciation Society'

I once nearly started a fight between a guy and the Quiz Master in my local pub.  The question was;

"What football club became the first all seater stadium in the UK?"

Obviously it is us.  However a lad taking part was adamant it was Clydebank.  I was in the same team as this man and did tell him it was my team but I got out voted by rest of team who thought because he was much more older than me would know more regarding football history so we wrote down Clydebank.  He's a Hibernian supporter so I've forgiven him now. When Quiz Master read out 'Aberdeen' as answer to question there was an argument ensued which must have lasted like ten to fifteen minutes.   

As I understand it Clydebank's method of making Kilbowie 'all-seater' was to remove the terracing barriers and bolt down old railway sleepers to form benches. The dons on the other hand went for individual seats
Personally I think Clydebank's method looks more like something designed to help short people see over the top of the taller folk standing infront of them. 
Standing on a flip down plastic seat is a bit tricker.

Vince Taylor on Twitter: "The bench seating at Clydebank's former Kilbowie  Park, in all its stark glory. http://t.co/wK63ieGMTC"

1 hour ago, SeeBass said:

I once nearly started a fight between a guy and the Quiz Master in my local pub.  The question was;

"What football club became the first all seater stadium in the UK?"

Obviously it is us.  However a lad taking part was adamant it was Clydebank.  I was in the same team as this man and did tell him it was my team but I got out voted by rest of team who thought because he was much more older than me would know more regarding football history so we wrote down Clydebank.  He's a Hibernian supporter so I've forgiven him now. When Quiz Master read out 'Aberdeen' as answer to question there was an argument ensued which must have lasted like ten to fifteen minutes.   

I think at least half of the pub quizzes I've ever entered have ended like this. Two of my mates came to blows once because one of them thought Greg Rusedski won the US Open.

Edited by sancho_panza

11 hours ago, tom_widdows said:

As I understand it Clydebank's method of making Kilbowie 'all-seater' was to remove the terracing barriers and bolt down old railway sleepers to form benches. The dons on the other hand went for individual seats
Personally I think Clydebank's method looks more like something designed to help short people see over the top of the taller folk standing infront of them. 
Standing on a flip down plastic seat is a bit tricker.

Vince Taylor on Twitter: "The bench seating at Clydebank's former Kilbowie  Park, in all its stark glory. http://t.co/wK63ieGMTC"

Almost drowned on those benches.