Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Successful Ex-Players.

Wasn't just Stevie May and Craig Bryson celebrating a Cup Double with St.Johnstone less than 12 months after exiting Pittodrie.  I see Robert Milsom has secured promotion to English League Two with Sutton United for first time in club's history!!  Even scored their first goal today during some 3-0 win over Hartlepool United.  

Always like to see some of our former players do well.  I was actually quite chuffed Perth side achieved said accolade as we know Liam Craig's father Peter who lives just six miles from me.  It is nice as we were saying to him yesterday that Liam finally has something to show for his career.    

Brings back memories of when a few Globes went to watch my then local team, Leyton Orient play Rotherham. Milsom was petrified when he heard us sing,  Arnason, loved it.

Who'd have predicted May and Bryson would end the season up with more silverware than we have as a club for nearly three decades ?

You could say that Kenny McLean has done well with winning two promotions to the Premier League with Norwich. Jonny Hayes won three Scottish Premiership's, two Scottish League Cups and one Scottish Cup with Celtic. Josh Magennis just won the English League One with Hull after scoring 18 goals this season. ? Bill Dodds won the old SPL, League cup and Scottish cup with the huns (one of each). David Robertson won 6 Scottish Premier Divisions, three Scottish cups and three league cups while at the Huns :haterangers: Billy Stark won one Scottish Championship and two Scottish Cups with the Tims. Steve Archibald won two FA Cups and UEFA Cup with Spurs and a La Liga with Barcelona. 

• 2 months later...

Declan McManus scored a hat trick for the new saints in a 4-2 win over Viktoria Plzen. Czechs got their 2 goals in stoppage time which potentially screws up Wales's answer to Berwick Rangers.

Game played in Cardiff a mere 134miles from their TNS's home stadium. Seems strange given Wrexham's ground is only 16miles up the road