Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The race for 6th...

So we're down to the final few games before the split. Not what we quite expected to be fighting for at this stage of the season. Here's my thinking of how it will unfold.

Currently:

F - 40 H - 37 A - 37

Aberdeen v St.Mirren

Hearts v Falkirk

F - 40 H - 40 A - 40

Inverness v Aberdeen

Falkirk v Killie

Hearts v United

F - 43 H - 43 A - 43

Aberdeen v Falkirk

Killie v Hearts

F - 43 H - 46 A - 46

Even if we win our last 3 games, with our crappy goal difference, we're not guaranteed to get into the top 6. Hopefully United will do us a favour and take something from their game at Tynecastle. I can see the last game against Falkirk being a peach. Especially since a draw would leave the door open for Hearts.

Anyone feeling optimistic??

I'm reasonably confident. All the other teams in the top 7-8 have harder run ins than us and play each other quite a bit. I am certain UTD willl take at least a point from Hearts at Tynecastle, they have nailed them the last two games scoring four goals, not to mention their 4 against us there. Think Falkirk and Hearts will draw next week putting us in a good position if we can get the 3 points against St Mirren. Then if Hearts and UTD draw and Falkirk win and we beat ICT then we can beat Falkirk to secure top 6. Key game for us is ICT.

Confident.

one win in ten and folk expect us to win 4 on the trot?

Never going to happen.

If we win the next 3 we will be in the top6, there is no doubt about that.

We won't however so get to look forward to another game against gretna, where ever they may be playing by then

The corresponding fixtures have brought us a reasonable haul of points so there is reason, however scant, to believe that we can do it.

First set - 7 from 9 points

Second set - 7 from 9 points

Only draws with Falkirk have stopped us from getting all 9 on both occasions. If we do what we have done twice already and take full points from ICT and St Mirren then the Falkirk game is likely to be a 6 pointer which I'm sure we will take care of at Pittodrie.

The corresponding fixtures have brought us a reasonable haul of points so there is reason, however scant, to believe that we can do it.

First set - 7 from 9 points

Second set - 7 from 9 points

Only draws with Falkirk have stopped us from getting all 9 on both occasions. If we do what we have done twice already and take full points from ICT and St Mirren then the Falkirk game is likely to be a 6 pointer which I'm sure we will take care of at Pittodrie.

I like your optimism sir :thumbsup:

So we're down to the final few games before the split. Not what we quite expected to be fighting for at this stage of the season. Here's my thinking of how it will unfold.

Currently:

F - 40 H - 37 A - 37

Aberdeen v St.Mirren

Hearts v Falkirk

F - 40 H - 40 A - 40

Inverness v Aberdeen

Falkirk v Killie

Hearts v United

F - 43 H - 43 A - 43

Aberdeen v Falkirk

Killie v Hearts

F - 43 H - 46 A - 46

Even if we win our last 3 games, with our crappy goal difference, we're not guaranteed to get into the top 6. Hopefully United will do us a favour and take something from their game at Tynecastle. I can see the last game against Falkirk being a peach. Especially since a draw would leave the door open for Hearts.

Anyone feeling optimistic??

I can't see Hearts winning all three of their fixtures, but we must win all three of ours.

I'm reasonably optimistic.