Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Walker wants Dons stay

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3299944,00.html

Walker_Josh_705554.jpg

Middlesbrough winger Josh Walker is hoping he will be allowed to spend next season on loan at Aberdeen.

The teenager linked up with the Dons in January and is enjoying the opportunity to play regular first-team football.

He has made just one senior appearance for Boro and is keen to continue his education at Pittodrie at next term.

"I've had a chat with Aberdeen manager Jimmy Calderwood and he knows I'd love to stay here next season," Walker told the club's official website.

Learning curve

"It's not really in my hands as it's down to Middlesbrough, but if they agree I'll jump at the chance to extend my stay.

"I'll be speaking to Boro boss Gareth Southgate about my situation, but I was very keen to come here in the first place and I'm just as keen to stay longer.

"I've played in four different competitions in six weeks here and every game has been different - from the technical play of Bayern Munich to the really physical approach of Dundee United.

"It's been a great learning curve, but there is much more to be acquired and Aberdeen would be a great place to continue my education."