Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Train Derailment

Jute

This happened six hours ago apparently and Ben Phillip on BBC is saying that it was reported at 9.40.

I heard one dead but the women at the health centre that serves Cove and Torry have heard two dead but I can't imagine that this would be anything other than speculation just now.

The cause has been reported as a landslide and given the rain up here at 5 a.m. onwards, that seems very plausible. Aberdeen and Stonehaven are flooded. I've never seen as much flooding as I'm seeing from the pics in my home city.

Awful news but I think some of the pictures need to be taken with a pinch of salt. Reports have said most of the train went down an embankment, but some of those photos clearly show carriages on a train line, so it can't be both.  But either way, its worrying and perhaps a saving grace that I expect the train wasn't hugely busy.

I don't live too far away and there was a considerable amount of rain this morning, definitely biblical!

26 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Much as I despise the cunt, seems a little harsh given he wrote it last night. I would think that whoever posted those pictures of the train crash should likely be in line for far more pelters than the Tory cunt.

What seems harsh? That he thought Edinburgh people should be more focused on US politics than the unprecedented storm conditions? If it was that innocuous, why did he delete his own tweet? Him writing "where apparently it's raining" followed by an emoji like that is dismissive, and yet 6 hours later, the biggest town in his constituency was in crisis. He's a fucking disgrace of a human being and that was a good example of his cuntishness, that he brought upon himself.

Somebody posts pictures of a train on fire and should get into trouble for doing so? This is also something I don't get.

It's good that we don't all agree on everything. Makes it interesting.

12 minutes ago, Kowalski said:

Awful news but I think some of the pictures need to be taken with a pinch of salt. Reports have said most of the train went down an embankment, but some of those photos clearly show carriages on a train line, so it can't be both.  But either way, its worrying and perhaps a saving grace that I expect the train wasn't hugely busy.

I don't live too far away and there was a considerable amount of rain this morning, definitely biblical!

I doubt that the pictures would have been made up or photoshopped and passed off as being from this morning's crash.

1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

What seems harsh? That he thought Edinburgh people should be more focused on US politics than the unprecedented storm conditions? If it was that innocuous, why did he delete his own tweet? Him writing "where apparently it's raining" followed by an emoji like that is dismissive, and yet 6 hours later, the biggest town in his constituency was in crisis. He's a fucking disgrace of a human being and that was a good example of his cuntishness, that he brought upon himself.

Somebody posts pictures of a train on fire and should get into trouble for doing so? This is also something I don't get.

It's good that we don't all agree on everything. Makes it interesting.

I'm guessing he deleted his tweet because of the pelters he was receiving, rather than its content, along with the fact that circumstances have significantly changed over night. Lack of prescience isn't a huge crime, neither making a poor attempt at humour. If he'd tweeted at 9am this morning, then understandable that he'd get pelters. I don't think it was a good example of cuntishness on this occasion, but as you say, makes it interesting!

I don't think posting pictures of a train on fire is particularly responsible, given that it hasn't appeared in news outlets. I'm guessing that there are protocols that even the scummiest of rags adhere to before posting that type of thing, such as checking with local authorities to see if loved ones have been informed and so on. If you were the son or daughter of the train driver seeing that picture before any contact was made then you'd pretty much know/assume that your parent has died, similarly if a relative is a passenger. Random on the internet in a race to get the first picture out isn't something that should get someone in trouble, but it lacks sensitivity and I'd expect that person to be called out. It's just a far more thoughtless and insensitive act than Bowie's fairly innocuous tweet, that's all. To be clear, I'm not criticising you posting it on here, where the audience is far more limited, and the post already out on a larger platform, but Twitter is a shitfest of fucks.

My daughter in Glasgow reported that there were pics on Facebook, a platform I've never been on so I asked her to share them. I got into trouble when I asked for the "most gory" which prompted her response of "Well you can’t see injured people if that is what you hoped for you ghoul". I'm hoping that this would not have been taken literally nor would the rebuke have been given in seriousness but in this day and age, every weak cunt wants to be offended. A picture of a tragic event appearing online before the fucking disgusting mainstream media get a hold of it isn't bad and I don't see anything in those pics to greet aboot. As for the tall poppy-cutting, phone-hacking, referendum and election-influencing scummy rags, I doubt they could spell decency and ethics. 

I think Twitter is ace. I only discovered this despite being a "member" since 2009. I used to think it was shite, for more than 10 years. It was only during lockdown I discovered the range of information available and the immediacy of it. Some brilliant articles and commentary from all sources and as almost everybody is on it, it's hardly just a "shitfest of fucks".

It is a shitfest of fucks. But you're right, it has a lot of good stuff on it. You just need a very good filter, and reading around 90% of the comments on any individual thread suggests that a lot of folk don't. You're statement that "every weak cunt wants to be offended" is exactly how I'd have categorised most of the comments I see on Twitter. I find it difficult to get through the swathes of pish and hysteria to get to the good bits, but I've generally nae tried hard enough. I'd have actually put Bowie getting pelters for his tweet in the category of people wanting to be offended. The photaes, indicative of the unnecessary voyeurism (me included) of the modern individual.

I've no doubt that some of his detractors would've been the woke brigade, if that's even the right term but I thought the timing of his flippancy, coming immediately before the disaster that befell his constituents was more a karma indicator of his horrible being.

Three dead being reported now. Just a tragic thing to have happened. I'm not sure that Bowie's "thoughts and prayers" as he uttered more than once on the telly would bring any comfort or solace. I'm astounded people in the NE voted for a little shit like him, an Etonian cunt who showed his true colours when arselicking Boris in PMQ's last month. 

Jesus what a fucking time The City and indeed The Shire are having right now. 

Thoughts and prayers with those affected.

Appears as if most of Scotland was hit by torrential rain overnight. 

Here on the west coast we completely escaped and never had a drop of rain

Stop stoking the fire with your poker stick. Most decent upstanding NE men are known to mellow in old age. You appear to be the exception to the rule. You become more abrasive and delusional (ie. lying about your involvement with pro golfers) with every year that goes by. No-one will ever change you, my dearest brother. But at least acknowledge good grace and decency once and a while amidst your appalling rants.

• Like 1

On 12/08/2020 at 18:24, BigAl said:

"It would never be my intention to cause any deliberate upset or harm"

Written by the editor of the sun? Has he read his own newspaper? The fact that headline made it into someone's head is bad enough. Maybe a bit of dark humour between close friends? Probably not even then, that's horrendous.

Edit: how the fuck do you get rid of quotes you started on a previous reply on Android? They seem to remain in perpetuity on the thread. Mods? Mods? 

Edited by RicoS321