Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Young out for six weeks

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/7282268.stm

Aberdeen midfielder Derek Young has been ruled out for the next six weeks with a knee injury.

The 28-year-old has missed the last six games with the problem and is now unlikely to play again until mid-April.

"He got it against Celtic here and they've found out it's ligament damage in his knee," explained Dons manager Jimmy Calderwood.

"It's going to be six weeks at least which is a massive blow, because the lad has done really well this season."

Young was a surprise summer signing, with Calderwood bringing him back to Pittodrie after spells with Dunfermline, St Johnstone and Partick Thistle.

However, he has featured in 30 games this season, scoring three goals.

And this only a couple of days after we were told he may make the game on sunday. ???

No real loss to be honest. We have plenty other players who will run about for 90 minutes and contribute the square route of fuck all. Hopefully Youngs absence means JC will have less opportunity to tinker with the team and we might actually stick with same team for two games in a row.

No real loss to be honest. We have plenty other players who will run about for 90 minutes and contribute the square route of fuck all. Hopefully Youngs absence means JC will have less opportunity to tinker with the team and we might actually stick with same team for two games in a row.

As much as i don't rate young he's been one of our best players this season (say's a lot). Would have him in the midfield before an uninterested Severin anyday even though he hasn't talent.

As much as i don't rate young he's been one of our best players this season (say's a lot). Would have him in the midfield before an uninterested Severin anyday even though he hasn't talent.

Just because he hasn't been as shite as we thought he would be, doesn't mean he is any good. Some games he has been ok, but in some he has been dreadful and for me his positioning has been worse than the shit guy I play 5's with. just because he runs about lots and tries more than others, doesn't make him good enough for the team.

Anyway, in the metro this morning he has not booked his summer holiday as he is convinced he will be playing in the cup final.