Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Aluko and Walker get international call-up

width=249 height=212http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/1e/6d/0,,10284~3566878,00.jpg[/img]

Sone Aluko and Josh Walker have been called up into the England U19 squad for the International Friendly Match against Russia on Tuesday 25th March at the MK Dons stadium. Kick-Off is at 7.00pm

The full squad is as follows:

Sone Aluko Birmingham City F.C. On loan to Aberdeen F.C.

Ryan Bertrand Chelsea F.C. On loan to Norwich City F.C.

David Button Tottenham Hotspur F.C.

Andrew Carroll Newcastle United F.C.

Ciaran Clark Aston Villa F.C.

Jack Cork Chelsea F.C. On loan to Scunthorpe United F.C.

Kieran Gibbs Arsenal F.C. On loan to Norwich City F.C.

James Henry Reading F.C. On loan to Norwich City F.C.

Sam Hutchinson Chelsea F.C.

Curtis Obeng Manchester City F.C.

Krystian Pearce Birmingham City F.C. On loan Port Vale F.C.

Fred Sears West Ham United F.C.

Scott Sinclair Chelsea F.C. On loan to Charlton Athletic F.C.

Jason Steele Middlesbrough F.C.

Daniel Sturridge Manchester City F.C.

James Tomkins West Ham United F.C.

Edward Upson Ipswich Town F.C.

Josh Walker Middlesbrough F.C. On loan to Aberdeen F.C

Sorry like, but a couple of players who belong to other clubs and were trained up by other clubs getting called up for that England is not very exciting in my humble opinion.

If they were young youth-team products of AFC getting called up by the mighty Scotland that would be another matter.

But as far as this story goes... Meh...

Sorry like, but a couple of players who belong to other clubs and were trained up by other clubs getting called up for that England is not very exciting in my humble opinion.

One plus point is that it may encourage ither young players to join Aiberdeen as they'll see it diznae harm their chunces o gettin called up, so lang as they put the effort in

One plus point is that it may encourage ither young players to join Aiberdeen as they'll see it diznae harm their chunces o gettin called up, so lang as they put the effort in

Exactly, sad reality for us is that we need 2/3 Premiership loan players every season to top up our squad. If they are of the quality of these two, then brilliant. Walker especially will go a long way in the game. Hopefully some of our young lads are picking up things from them and follow their lead, I'm looking at you Maguire!!

Exactly, sad reality for us is that we need 2/3 Premiership loan players every season to top up our squad. If they are of the quality of these two, then brilliant.

The Bayern games could easily be the highlights o' Aluko and Walker's careers, especially the first leg fan they baith scored.  Hivving watched a couple o the players in that squad, Daniel Sturridge*/Scott Sinclair/Kieran Gibbs, it sort o puts it into context that we've got Aluko and Walker up here.  :thumbsup:

Even if we're tae get just 1 mair player of their potential up here, the news o this call up is great for us too

*this lad especially is one tae watch oot for

Couldn't put it better myself.

Likely that others will be asking them about their experiences in Europe with AFC, cannae do us any harm at all

That's true. Was in a bit of a bad mood when I originally posted. Hate the fact that we cannae seem to produce many of our own players these days, and have to get excited about under 19 English loaners...

I almost wish I didn't remember the 80s...