Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Livi Youth Cup QF

Headed along to Pittodrie yesterday to watch this game, and a cracking game it was as well. Young lads won 4-3 after extra time after being 3-1 down at one point, made it 3-3 in the last minute to take it into extra time.

Weirdly both Walker and Aluko started the match, and Maguire came off the bench to score 2 including the winner. Got to say after watching this you can see why Maguire is getting a chance with the 1st team, he is a standout at his age group!

As for the rest of our team, there were a lot of young lads playing due to some of our players being out on loan. Liked the look of the boy Peter Pawlett playing centre mid, pretty sure he is only about 16 but had good drive from midfield and managed to score as well. Thought the boy Ross up front showed some nice touches ina.

Well done to the loons on making the Semi though.

Firstly let me add my congrats to the youngsters.

Secondly i reckon your comments about Mcguire just reitereate what most of us are saying, needing first tema football but perhaps at a slightly lower level i.e. out on loan to 1st/2nd division team, in the hope that when he returns he is ready to make the step up from youth to SPL football

Maybe this is the start of better things for the youth set up.

Christ positivity about our set up :o

Thats nae directed against you TF, just an observation in general, because most comments are having a knock at our youth set up in terms of quality

Christ positivity about our set up :o

Thats nae directed against you TF, just an observation in general, because most comments are having a knock at our youth set up in terms of quality

Aye.

And the youth set-up is Willie Miller's overall responsibility!  :thumbsup::wave:

Who have they got in the semi?

We're all going to Hampden.  :thumbsup:

I'd be up for that!  ;D Good on the younguns. The sooner Maguire is punted out on loan the better. Toughen him up a bit. It just frustrates me he gets in our first team when its obvious he needs some further development to even see if he can fulfill any potential.

Wasn't it at the mighty Excelsior last time we got there?

we have been in 2 youth finals in recent years, both against celtic.  We won one at hampden and lost one at McDairmid Park.  The win at Hampden saw us chanting Drew Jarvie's Barmy Army and the like.

Anyway be interesting to see if any of the loons in those two squads ever came to anything

Yip it was a good game to watch although Aberdeen was terrible if truth be told and if it wasn't for Maguire then we would have been out. I know a lot of people give him abuse in the first team but i feel the kid has talent to become a great player for us. It was an amazing performance from maguire considering he played 53 mins the day before.

Don't think the youth cup final is at Hampden any more but just goes with who is the home team.

Had one of the funniest moments on football with the overweight Livingston physio!!!! She could hardly walk never mind run and it must have taken over 2 minutes to treat a player at the other side of the park while the most of the support cheered when she made it to the player- really funny!!!!

Still think its unfair for Aluko and Walker to play in our U19's team and the same could be said for Maguire. It should be the kids that play week in week out.

Maybe this is the start of better things for the youth set up.

Still think its unfair for Aluko and Walker to play in our U19's team and the same could be said for Maguire. It should be the kids that play week in week out.

Cynical, but ...... maybe Walker, Aluko and Maguire played, giving us better chance of progressing to semi final (then final, maybe even win!) to make us fans think we had an excellent youth set up?  ???

Cynical, but ...... maybe Walker, Aluko and Maguire played, giving us better chance of progressing to semi final (then final, maybe even win!) to make us fans think we had an excellent youth set up?  ???

Why shouldn't they play if they are eligible and Maguire is at least one of ours however ineffective he is at first team level.

I don't think our set up of youth development is as bad as made out, some pretty good players coming through the ranks. The thing i don't like is that we are dropping players to play Maguire, Walker and Aluko which would have played if they wasn't in the team. I'll give you an example, watched McRobbie who looks a great prospect at 16 but on sunday he started upfront went wide because we stuck Aluko upfront with Ross and then was subbed at Half time, stick with the lads that would play in the league, if we go out then fair enough but at least these kids get experience. To be fair to the lad he didn't really see much of the ball but he is a great prospect. I think the performance of Maguire shows the lad has talent but at first team level he is normally on the wing which he cannot play - still unbelieveable that the kid played 53 mins and then another 75 mins the next day. Maguire looks great at U19's level but needs to put on a bit of weight to become a first team player and up his performance.

I don't think our set up of youth development is as bad as made out, some pretty good players coming through the ranks. The thing i don't like is that we are dropping players to play Maguire, Walker and Aluko which would have played if they wasn't in the team. I'll give you an example, watched McRobbie who looks a great prospect at 16 but on sunday he started upfront went wide because we stuck Aluko upfront with Ross and then was subbed at Half time, stick with the lads that would play in the league, if we go out then fair enough but at least these kids get experience. To be fair to the lad he didn't really see much of the ball but he is a great prospect. I think the performance of Maguire shows the lad has talent but at first team level he is normally on the wing which he cannot play - still unbelieveable that the kid played 53 mins and then another 75 mins the next day. Maguire looks great at U19's level but needs to put on a bit of weight to become a first team player and up his performance.

Agree with your opinion of Maguire, milners. Looks lost on the wing but dynamite upfront. If he bulks up enough to cope with playing against fucking cloggers like Tokely in the SPL, he could go on to be a very good player for us. Folk need to get aff his back and give him a chance.

Agree with your opinion of Maguire, milners. Looks lost on the wing but dynamite upfront. If he bulks up enough to cope with playing against fucking cloggers like Tokely in the SPL, he could go on to be a very good player for us. Folk need to get aff his back and give him a chance.

Thing is every time he comes off the bench he is playing wide for the first team. I think this is hindering his career to be honest playing him out of position as although he has the skill he's pretty poor on the wing. I've watched this Kid twice totally help the dons U19's in the youth cup - one was against Celtic's lot who murdered us but with Maguire in the team we taken them to extra time to be cheated by the ref!!!! Actually watched him destroy Cowdenbeath in the youth cup as well as last sunday's performance.

If we don't get in the top 6 I would like to give Maguire a run upfront to see what he can do against SPL defences.