Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Ticket Allocations for Old Firm Matches

Guest Caroline B

Guest Caroline B

So today we head to Mordor again and with a band of of around 800 hardy souls. Alas I'm not one of them due to not being able to get a ticket.

How do the Mould Firm get away with this discrimination against All other sides in the SPL? 800 tickets for Feck sake!!!

They hide behind the guise of it being a security problem/risk and yet expect to get thousands of tickets when they are on the road. Do all other clubs not have a considerably bigger security risk when the knuckle draggers come to town?

In England and other countries this is not tolerated and clubs have to allocate reasonable amounts of tickets for visiting supporters. For instance in The Premiership I believe the figure is 3500 or 15% of attendance possibility.

The fact that the rest of the clubs have done nothing in the SPL meetings to address this problem is terrible!.....so shame on them for not throwing their collective weight behind a move to get more tickets from the gruesome twosome to visit their restricted view palaces.

I do remember the time when Aberdeen had a decent allocation for visits to Mordor and Blackhead and the atmosphere was better then than now when the blue noses tuck into their "King Billy Burgers" and "William of Orangeade" whilst rustling their sashes. The same when we play the other half. Best supporters in the world? I don't think so. Best chip munchers in the world maybe.

Come on SPL!, get your collective ass into gear and get us a better allocation for these matches. It's not as if they don't have the space!

Don't let them hide behind the smokescreen of security issues. The Glasgow police manage fine at cup finals etc so no problem for a 2- 3000 dandys, jambo's, hibee's etc....

Just watch the demand for tickets from them when one of the old scum can clinch the title at one of our grounds! Tell em to GTF!

How many fans were at Kilmarnock?

If we're playing well and there's an appetite for the game maybe, but I suspect 800 is about as many as would want to go.

If Celtic fail to beat Hibs before our game we are going to get a riding. I can't imagine many fans having the stomach for another hefty doing.

On a side note, I've never had any problems getting a ticket for Ibrox or Parkhead. Parkhead is usually not sold out and we've frequently been given a large allocation there.

Guest Caroline B

Maybe that's cause we've been crud at that time. You don't think we need more tickets for these matches?

We used to take thousands down there and if the club actually starts to show any potential, it could be the same again.

The fact that these guys have given us so little tickets in the past has quelled the desire fom non old firmers to go simply because they think they can't get tickets.

How many tickets do you think we shall be offered if the Celtic cup match goes to a replay? Most likely less than we shall need.......and a lot of those shall be restricted view as per usual.

How many tickets do you think we shall be offered if the Celtic cup match goes to a replay? Most likely less than we shall need.......and a lot of those shall be restricted view as per usual.

They have to give us 10 percent I think for a cup game. The restricted view pish really fucks me about, it's a fucking scam. I absolutely despise the idea of coughing up for the dearest league game and having to watch a fucking telly.

Guest Caroline B

Agreed Funster, It gets my goat up too. If you can't see the match then they shouldn't be taking our cash. The only upside to restricted view is that we miss the goals flying in against us  :-\..... that and winding up the guy in the Jamourqui hat who sits in the Celtic section closest to us. I think he likes me  ;D

I've never had a problem getting tickets for parkhead to be honest, been about 5 time in the past 3 years.  Ibrox on the other hand i've only ever been once, its a nightmare.  Thing is like most things in the spl the old firm are in the driving seat.  The rest of us are broke so cant afford to turn down the revenue of selling them 4-5000 tickets for our grounds.  Personally id say fuck the money and give them the same percentage of seats at pittodrie that they give us at ibrox. I think that would be about 300 seats.  Worth doing at least once, stick the fuckers in a corner of the main stand and watch them take a hissy fit in the press about it. 

Supporters' Clubs allocations for Ibrox are frequently restricted, and we haven't got more than 10 on the last few occasions. This is so there are always some going on sale to ST holders, so if you are a ST holder and couldn't get a ticket I'd be surprised.

Why you'd want to go anyway is beyond me. It's not very nice, particularly when we are clearly going to get beaten!

Never had a problem getting a ticket, although I would say this.     

I have vowed never to go back to castle grey skull as I hate them so much (and I end up drinking too much) and we get treated so badly whilst we are there that one day i will probably get lifted.  ibrox is a nasty, evil, oppressive and vitriolic atmosphere that that bunch of scum are just not worth it.

Never had a problem getting a ticket, although I would say this.     

I have vowed never to go back to castle grey skull as I hate them so much (and I end up drinking too much) and we get treated so badly whilst we are there that one day i will probably get lifted.  ibrox is a nasty, evil, oppressive and vitriolic atmosphere that that bunch of scum are just not worth it.

The atmosphere thing isn't specific to Dons fans. My first game at Ibrox was an Inverness game and it was pretty horrible that day too, although obviously Aberdeen games are worse.