Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Next 5 league games

Guest BTR

Time to put a positive spin on things folkies.

Maybe writing off Saturday's trip to Snake Mountain, things may be looking a bit more rosy in 6 weeks time:

Rangers (A) 0pts

Gretna (H) 3pts

St Mirren (H) 3 pts

Inverness (A) 3pts

Falkirk (H) 3pts

12 points, comfortably in the top 6 and some kind of consolation after our bad patch.

Dundee Utd seem to be imploding a bit (4 successive draws) & Motherwell's bubble may be about to burst :fingerscrossed: so all is not lost in the race for 4th spot, Hibs are the form team but if we can salvage something by finishing top 6 after this horrendous run we've been on, I'd breathe a huge sigh of relief for one.

Time to put a positive spin on things folkies.

Maybe writing off Saturday's trip to Snake Mountain, things may be looking a bit more rosy in 6 weeks time:

Rangers (A) 0pts

Gretna (H) 3pts

St Mirren (H) 3 pts

Inverness (A) 3pts

Falkirk (H) 3pts

12 points, comfortably in the top 6 and some kind of consolation after our bad patch.

Dundee Utd seem to be imploding a bit (4 successive draws) & Motherwell's bubble may be about to burst :fingerscrossed: so all is not lost in the race for 4th spot, Hibs are the form team but if we can salvage something by finishing top 6 after this horrendous run we've been on, I'd breathe a huge sigh of relief for one.

Totally, agree, however, I do fear that Caley will actually get their 1st win against us. I did mention something about Gretna before, they are a funny one at the mo, but we should sneak it anyway. If they pull it off, it will save our season. TBH, I'd rather that than the cup I think. Still undecided though.

Dundee United are a very solid reliable team whom Levein has imposed his usual "Big Laddies" philosophy with a few decent passers.

But ultimately, without Robson they don't have the same spark or a guy who will put in that cross or score that free kick to win a match.

Motherwell, to me, seem the team best placed to finish 3rd, by some distance. They bought well in January but have had the undoubted luxury of a lack of significant injuries giving them something we haven't, consistency of selection. ;)

Outside of these 2 there is no cunt to fear if we can regroup the defence and get Smith and McNamara fit for the run in. That said, our season hinges almost entirely upon the cup and it's only fucking Rasellicbyraway standing in the way of keeping a mediocre domestic season running.

A win last night was pretty much essential for getting 3rd but I guess it's still arithmetically possible though Stephen Hawking would need his eyelash calculator to establish that.

To be honest, if we were to pull the finger oot then we shouldn't fear anybody outside the Old Firm.

I'd say our squad was every bit as good as Motherwell's and Dundee Utd's.

The key for us now imo is the summer.  We need to buy a replacement for Anderson, something we failed to do in the summer, and as we've seen our league form has taken a severe dip as a result.  Anderson isn't the only reason our league form has dipped but it's one of the key factors imo.

To be honest, if we were to pull the finger oot then we shouldn't fear anybody outside the Old Firm.

I'd say our squad was every bit as good as Motherwell's and Dundee Utd's.

The key for us now imo is the summer.  We need to buy a replacement for Anderson, something we failed to do in the summer, and as we've seen our league form has taken a severe dip as a result.  Anderson isn't the only reason our league form has dipped but it's one of the key factors imo.

In terms of "fear" I just meant purely for finishing 3rd.

Jesus, hardly an easy run of games, espesh as Gretna have the shitters up them, so thats hardly three points done and dusted.  However, I feel a cheeky win at the dreaded death star may be a possibilty. I know, it sounds daft, but think, Jimmy is trying to get the players heads lifted. What better way of motivating his team just now by saying they can prove themselves to the Aberdeen fans AND stick 2 fingers up to the Press and by giving a "they can re-wrightre-write history" team talk.Also like somebody posted in another discussion, Jimmy does seem to motivate his squad when the results REALLY matter. 

:wave:  

Guest Caroline B

Motherwell, to me, seem the team best placed to finish 3rd, by some distance. They bought well in January but have had the undoubted luxury of a lack of significant injuries giving them something we haven't, consistency of selection. ;)

Aye, but on the plus side for us.........They signed Bob Malcolm!  ;D

Big Donkey!

At a number of stages in this season we have come across this run of games where we expect the points from the 'easier' teams and on every occaison we have failed to deliver.

The truth is that we have no divine right to these points, and I think it is going to be an almighty scrap to get into the top six. In fact I bet many of the teams that we will be facing in the coming weeks will be glad to be playing us at the rate we are letting in goals.

This time, I expect us to deliver a mixed bag as before.

Rangers (A) 0pts

Gretna (H) 3pts

St Mirren (H) 1 pts

Inverness (A) 0pts

Falkirk (H) 3pts