Ryan Christie

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Celtic have reportedly opened talks with Ryan Christie over a new contract. I know after this season he will no longer be an Aberdeen player and probably never will be again unless he is sold on by Celtic to a Championship club and moves on from there at a later date. My point is that his form has dipped for us lately and can not help but think the cause of this is his mind is on other things probably regarding his future. He has just 8 games left before moving back to Celtic so does he really care. If Aberdeen get to the Cup Final most likely against Celtic he will not play in it anyway.

Should we drop him and play someone else until the end of the season.

No we shouldn't. Not whilst we are in a dogfight with sevco and Hivs for 2nd, 3rd and 4th place in the league....only 2nd and 3rd are guaranteed places in the Europa Cup.

Ideally it would be good to blood a couple of youngsters in the last few games....Dean Campbell probably deserves it on his performances for the U20s but until we have 3rd place guaranteed at a minimum just cant see it happening. However he certainly should be on the bench instead of Maynard from now on.

One of my pet hates is reading about McInnes harping on about how pleased his 3 Aberdeen players are playing for Scotland.

Mclean is a Norwich player

Christie is a Celtic player.

Only McKenna is our player.

Quote from tonight's EE. McInnes message to his Dons in Dark Blue

Just stop this rubbish.

One of my pet hates is reading about McInnes harping on about how pleased his 3 Aberdeen players are playing for Scotland.

Mclean is a Norwich player

Christie is a Celtic player.

Only McKenna is our player.

Quote from tonight's EE. McInnes message to his Dons in Dark Blue

Just stop this rubbish.

I think you are being unfair. It's because of what McLean and Christie have done in an Aberdeen jersey under McInnes that have gotten them in the squad. Norwich and Celtic have nothing to do with it.

Jesus, that's a bit ridiculous. Christie has been here longer than Maynard, May, Arnason, Cosgrove, GMS etc. as well as definitely being here from the remainder of an important season. McLean also. If they can't be called "his", I'm not sure who could.

Christie's form has dipped since McGinn came back. Last season, he was fairly average up until the last handful of games. He's a young lad, and he plays with high intensity and relies a lot on his own skill and ingenuity, he'll experience a lot of dips in form over his career. It'll be nothing to do with his contract and everything to do with shite pitches and not being able to maintain top performance all season (few players do). Do you genuinely think players go on to the fitba pitch concerned about their current contract situation? That's just weird. Maynard might, like, because he's absolute pap. Christie will have any number of offers that will make him a decently wealthy young loon.

I think you are being unfair. It's because of what McLean and Christie have done in an Aberdeen jersey under McInnes that have gotten them in the squad. Norwich and Celtic have nothing to do with it.

I have no problems with these two in the Scotland squad. They deserve it.

My gripe is they are both on loan from other clubs but McInnes gives the impression in the media that they are both Aberdeen players which they are not.  :confused:

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Celtic have reportedly opened talks with Ryan Christie over a new contract. I know after this season he will no longer be an Aberdeen player and probably never will be again unless he is sold on by Celtic to a Championship club and moves on from there at a later date. My point is that his form has dipped for us lately and can not help but think the cause of this is his mind is on other things probably regarding his future. He has just 8 games left before moving back to Celtic so does he really care. If Aberdeen get to the Cup Final most likely against Celtic he will not play in it anyway.

Should we drop him and play someone else until the end of the season.

Not sure what there is to be gained from dropping him, presumably we are paying part/all of his wages so why do that and not play him? He was always going at the end of the season so nothing has changed. Realistically we were never going to be able to sign him permanently.

Still don't think he will be anything other than a bit part player for the Dhims. More likely with just over a year on his  contract left theyre hoping that an English Championship club will come in with a bid in the summer and if he has 2-3 years left on contract they should get at least a million maybe even 1.5m. And for a few months Christie gets an extra 2-3 thousand a week.

Will take us right out of the running to sign him if he does this sadly.

I have no problems with these two in the Scotland squad. They deserve it.

My gripe is they are both on loan from other clubs but McInnes gives the impression in the media that they are both Aberdeen players which they are not.  :confused:

If that's one of the big things we have to worry about as a club at the moment then we can't be doing too badly. All three, regardless of where they'll be next season or where they were last season, will be playing for Aberdeen for the remainder of this season, therefore they're Aberdeen players. McLean and Christie were both signed by McInnes and he gave McKenna his debut so they're also very much his players.

If that's one of the big things we have to worry about as a club at the moment then we can't be doing too badly. All three, regardless of where they'll be next season or where they were last season, will be playing for Aberdeen for the remainder of this season, therefore they're Aberdeen players. McLean and Christie were both signed by McInnes and he gave McKenna his debut so they're also very much his players.

I have no problem with these guys playing for Aberdeen for the remainder of the season. (apart from Christie)

In the risk of repeating myself my problem is with McIness always stating in the media how pleased he is with HIS players making the Scotland squad.

I have no problem with these guys playing for Aberdeen for the remainder of the season. (apart from Christie)

In the risk of repeating myself my problem is with McIness always stating in the media how pleased he is with HIS players making the Scotland squad.

That's the point though, they are HIS players by any objective measure. He's responsible for them from now until the end of the season, he signed or brought them all through and I bet all three would credit him with playing a huge part in their careers to date.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Cutting off our nose to spite our face if we leave him out.  He's good enough to make the Scotland squad but not good enough to play the rest of the season in our midfield  ::)

Jesus, that's a bit ridiculous. Christie has been here longer than Maynard, May, Arnason, Cosgrove, GMS etc. as well as definitely being here from the remainder of an important season. McLean also. If they can't be called "his", I'm not sure who could.

Christie's form has dipped since McGinn came back. Last season, he was fairly average up until the last handful of games. He's a young lad, and he plays with high intensity and relies a lot on his own skill and ingenuity, he'll experience a lot of dips in form over his career. It'll be nothing to do with his contract and everything to do with shite pitches and not being able to maintain top performance all season (few players do). Do you genuinely think players go on to the fitba pitch concerned about their current contract situation? That's just weird. Maynard might, like, because he's absolute pap. Christie will have any number of offers that will make him a decently wealthy young loon.

Difference is Maynard, May, Arnason, Cosgrove, GMS etc are our players and we can chose which games we can and can't play them. Loan players the parent club has a say so not really our players.