Forever the optimist, but...

CtS

Even I'm struggling to put a positive spin on recent events. 

Hello y'all, had a great trip to Germany - everything apart from the result was spot on. 

Yesterday's result was again unacceptable, we look shambolic and some of the decision making seems to be born out of sheer desperation.  We need to get back to basics and sort this mess out, as a season that promised so much is quickly becoming a fecking nightmare.

Only one chance left now to salvage something from season 07-08, we must beat Celtic in the Scottish cup and reach Hampden.  Nothing less will do.  Finishing in the top six is still possible, but it's not enough to appease the fans who've just started getting used to top 4 status.  I'd take sixth in the league now and a trip to Hampden, but looking at our squad and the way we're leaking goals it doesn't seem very likely.

I'm proud of our UEFA cup run, and like the rest of you will continue to support the lads through the good times and bad.  But I want to see something silver being held aloft on an open top bus on Union Street, it's a sight that's long overdue.

:(

Does any one seriously believe that we will do anything other than meekly capitulate to Celtic in the cup?

I have no blind optimism left for the Dons I'm afraid. It's time for them to do something to prove to me that there are any grounds for optimism whatsoever, cos it sure as hell doesn't look like if fae here!

:hammer:

I fear the worst, but then I feared the worst against Dnipro, Locomotiv, Copenhagen and Bayern (home game) so anything is possible.

League wise, we have some decent fixtures (although yesterday's was what should have been a "decent fixture") so we can still make the top 6.

Will a win on Wed make everything all right again? 

Remaining Pre-Split Fixtures:

Wednesday, 27 February 2008

Clydesdale Bank Premier League

Aberdeen v Motherwell, 19:45

Haven't got a thing off them all season and can't imagine we will start now infront of 8000 furious fans

Saturday, 01 March 2008

Rangers v Aberdeen, 15:00

No win since 1991. We'll be lucky to keep it to 3 or 4, even with Wattie's 451

Saturday, 08 March 2008

Scottish Cup

Aberdeen v Celtic, Sixth Round,

Our "last game of the season".  Would be the most remarkable win of his reign if we do get a result.......we won't

Saturday, 15 March 2008

Aberdeen v Gretna, 15:00

Well if we can't win this then surely even JC can't survive

Saturday, 22 March 2008

Aberdeen v St Mirren, 15:00

Again surely a win should be expected, even with our current dire form

Saturday, 29 March 2008

Inverness CT v Aberdeen, 15:00

Presumably a scoring draw.....or will ICT finally get that win over us?

Saturday, 05 April 2008

Aberdeen v Falkirk, 15:00

A team that often out performs us but can't buy a win against us.  Top6 could well depend on this game....if we're lucky

I would say at best 10pts from that lot and looking at the table and falkirk, ict and hearts fixtures this probably still won't be enough

we must beat Celtic in the Scottish cup and reach Hampden.  Nothing less will do.

I was telling the boys in Munchen I seriously believe we will beat Celtic in the QF.  And I still do, though it will take the performance of the season to do so - but let's face it, it's about time.

I was telling the boys in Munchen I seriously believe we will beat Celtic in the QF.  And I still do, though it will take the performance of the season to do so - but let's face it, it's about time.

You still pissed then  ;)

I'm normally in the optimistic camp, but just can't see it somehow. By god do I hope i'm wrong

Normally an optimist as well but after watching that yesterday am struggling. We got humped by a team that has been getting humped by everybody and apart from Mair missing from 3 yards i honestly didnt see us getting a goal. Celtic should hump us but nearer to the game i'll probably think that we may have a chance again!!

Even I'm struggling to put a positive spin on recent events. 

Hello y'all, had a great trip to Germany - everything apart from the result was spot on. 

Yesterday's result was again unacceptable, we look shambolic and some of the decision making seems to be born out of sheer desperation.  We need to get back to basics and sort this mess out, as a season that promised so much is quickly becoming a fecking nightmare.

Only one chance left now to salvage something from season 07-08, we must beat Celtic in the Scottish cup and reach Hampden.  Nothing less will do.  Finishing in the top six is still possible, but it's not enough to appease the fans who've just started getting used to top 4 status.  I'd take sixth in the league now and a trip to Hampden, but looking at our squad and the way we're leaking goals it doesn't seem very likely.

I'm proud of our UEFA cup run, and like the rest of you will continue to support the lads through the good times and bad.  But I want to see something silver being held aloft on an open top bus on Union Street, it's a sight that's long overdue.

:(

:clap:

Top 6 is going to be a big struggle now, but fingers crossed we can do something against celtic. Or rather, something needs to happen against celtic. My only worry is that Gretna seem to be scoring a few goals now...christ, did I actually say that? Come on Jimmy, sort your house out and get the boys playing football the way its meant to, simple ball to feet stuff! COME ON YOU REDS.