Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Just Home

and would have been home earlier but had to go and buy some comfort food to cheer me up after leaving as soon as the 3rd hit the net.

Total shambles, yet again, and I feel I will be finding more worthwhile things to do with my weekends for a good portion of what remains of our season. 

Tiny dons support, probably the smallest since a midweek game at Rugby Park at the end of Pele's reign.  Also the first time there seems to have been such a large proportion openly questioning the buffoon in charge.

So starting line up:

Yet another tactical masterstroke by JC.

3 (mair, seve and diamond) 4 (foster, duff, walker and nicholson) 2 (miller, Mackie)

Add to that Maybury, who appears to have been instructed to run around about 5-10yds behind Alan Johnston.

Apart from it being ludicrous to change your team around to counteract a killie in free fall it was ridiculously narrow with only foster really playing wide meaning we were torn to shreds down the wings.  At one point there were 3 killie players clear on our left and 2 on our right with a big clueless bunch of wasters in reds standing about in the middles of our box.  Needless to say they scored.

He finally changes it to 442 but somehow manages to leave Duff and foster on and take off Walker to go:

Foster, Mair, Zander, Maybury; Aluko, Duff, Seve; Miller, Mackie

We were still hopeless, although to be fair the gale force wind and driving rain didn't help, but that doesn't excuse the sheer stupidity and ineptitude of our players. Unfortunately the 2nd half suggests that their stupidity may be stemming from JC.  Maguire on for Maybury and the formation escapes me, but needless to say the introduction made not a jot of difference...we even witnessed the old hoof up the park to maguire's head.

With the Dons crowd growing increasingly hostile JC brings on JDV.  Who will he bring off? The ineffectual Duff, the increasingly useless Seve, Chris - worse than being a man down - Maguire, maybe a defender.....no he brings off Lee fucking Miller, leaving us with by calculations no strikers on the park.  Meanwhile Lovell is left on the bench.  Cue chants of "you don't know what you're doing" and more than a few JC's get tae fuck.

We are a very very poor side.  Some of this is down to the shite players, some of it is down to "good" players not performing, or simply not interested, and some of it is down to the ineffectual twat in charge.  On this form we won't even get near to the top 6.  I hope to hell something dramatic happens in the summer otherwise it could be a long long season next year with no europe to distract us.

I thought the shouts were from our fans. And i'm not surprised. Though I thought BBC said it was sunny? Liars!

It sounded terrible and I hate to think what it must have been to watch. I just can't add anymore, i've had enough for today.

Anyway, you need to change that to ninth mate...

I thought the shouts were from our fans. And i'm not surprised. Though I thought BBC said it was sunny? Liars!

It sounded terrible and I hate to think what it must have been to watch. I just can't add anymore, i've had enough for today.

Anyway, you need to change that to ninth mate...

Initially the chants were from the killie fans directed at the idiot in black.  When JDV came on some of us sang it too...but tbh I'm not sure if you'd have heard us that clearly on the radio....but maybe you did.

The hammerings, the embarrassment, the humiliation of the Pele and Ebbe eras were meant to be a thing of the past.  We have lost over 20 goals in 6 games.  I hate to think what the crowds will be for the rest of the season and I really don't know where we go from here.  After Pele I always thought the next appointment would be the last throw of the dice. The last chance to get us back where we all feel we should be (and no weegia that is not titles and euro cup wins), the last chance to get those lost fans back......ach well

After Pele I always thought the next appointment would be the last throw of the dice. The last chance to get us back where we all feel we should be (and no weegia that is not titles and euro cup wins)

Why not? A one-club city whose population is only beaten by Edinburgh and Glasgow SHOULD have a huge football club with even bigger potential. The sad matter of fact is we are being outclassed by clubs who are located in TOWNS whose population leave in their droves for Ibrox and Parkhead each fortnight.

Jimmy must go. Wiggy must go. Based on the horrible rumour I read in another post about Jeffries .... MILLER must go too! Bring back the Cummings Consortium and bring in Mark McGhee.

There are still a number of people overreacting.

I'm sure I'm one that is "over reacting", but we aren't losing games by the odd goal.  We aren't lacking that we break up front.  We are getting destroyed week in week out.  JC doesn't seem to know what to do and in fact is adding to the problem.  A win on wed won't solve these problems and will only paper over the cracks.........

I hate to say it but mizer has been right in what he has been saying about JC...even if he has been fairly hysterical in the way he put it across.  I think most of us knew this but hoped that things would somehow come together at some point, ending in a cup final or decent league finish. Neither looks even remotely possible now

You aren't one that I mean.

Why not? A one-club city whose population is only beaten by Edinburgh and Glasgow SHOULD have a huge football club with even bigger potential. The sad matter of fact is we are being outclassed by clubs who are located in TOWNS whose population leave in their droves for Ibrox and Parkhead each fortnight.

Above is a good example. Oh look, Aberdeen are a CITY, we must be winning against teams from TOWNS. WTF?! That is the stupidest argument I have ever heard. We have no divine right to be above any teams in the league. We play pish, we fall down the league. The size of place we come from has fuck all to do with it.

Jimmy must go. Wiggy must go. Based on the horrible rumour I read in another post about Jeffries .... MILLER must go too! Bring back the Cummings Consortium and bring in Mark McGhee.

IF that rumour was true, then why would Miler even have considered giving Jimmy a 3 year deal? Sounds like shite to me.

Is Mark McGhee the answer? Who knows, but we can't afford to bring him in and there's no guarantee he'd want to come anyway. A hero of the club, he could come in, not deliver to our fans' expectations and no longer be held in the same esteem and be subject to the abuse Jimmy is currently getting.

[Just one example of overreaction]

Of course we have no divine right to win matches because we are from a city rather than a town.  However it can't be argued that we have more potential to do well than pretty much anyone in the league outside the OF.  Getting hammered at killie or by united or hibs can happen.  But to happen repeatedly would suggest that something isn't quite right, unless the ambition of the club is to be a motherwell, united or hibs who have the odd good season every 10yrs.  We should expect more than that.  If the board don't then they should leave now. 

Our run since xmas is totally unacceptable.  And I would argue that it is our divine right (sic) not to have to endure such a run without kicking up a bit of a fuss

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FAKE FANS!!!! for leaving early.

Agree with GS, was sat infront of him and as soon as we noticed Maybury following #12 about we were puzzled, Caldercunt got it completly wrong and done nothing but blame the players during the match, it';s not their faults they don't have a clue what they are meant to be doing.

:rofl2:

I was on live chat in afc chat for about 15 minutes today to try and get a laugh given that we were already 1-0 down. It was so bad in there I had to leave after almost no engagement. The panic and venom that was being spewed was quite incredible. Its like people have just woken up from some European field of daisies and clover and realised they are ball deep in shit and hadn't noticed. We have been shocking for most of this season and if you take out half a dozen performances we would be staring at another one of our horror seasons of recent times. You have to laugh though, we are fucking great and we are moving forward as a team  :thumbsup:

Above is a good example. Oh look, Aberdeen are a CITY, we must be winning against teams from TOWNS. WTF?! That is the stupidest argument I have ever heard. We have no divine right to be above any teams in the league. We play pish, we fall down the league. The size of place we come from has fuck all to do with it.

WTF?!

the size of place that we come from has got something to do with it, the bigger the place the bigger the crowds [in theory] meaning more money, meaning better players [in theory again], meaning greater expectations.  occasionally there will be a team from a small place that does well for a couple of years, but if you look at all the leagues in europe the vast majority of the top sides come from the largest cities.  less of the swearing, "nothing" would've got your point across just as well as "fuck all"

Half a dozen? Not this season, I'm assuming you're counting the last 2 or 3 as well?  :thumbsup:

I agree with Sneckie that there is a lot of overreaction and heat of the moment frustration (which I can appreciate) but truth be told we've been insipid for months not just this season or since Christmas and it's surprising that it's taken a run of 5 straight defeats in the league or whatever it is for people to realise this. I liken our current plight to teams managed by Alex Miller, Vogts or Matt Williams (ex Scotland rugby coach). I think all of them get far too technical and overcomplicate things. Scottish players are non-technical, roll-the-sleaves-up and get intae them types. Anything more than 442 and get crosses into the box and the players can't cope and get confused. Calderwood is so technical he's turned players that were only 18 months ago Scottish internationals (Seve) into sub-standard 1st Division players.

My main gripe isn't that we're not winning games, we're not 7 points clear in 3rd place etc. but how we're playing. We are terrible. We have been for months. Zero entertainment. No enjoyment. No pattern to our play. No leadership blah blah blah.

Crowds are down the season we have our highest league finish in years. Why? It's very simple, insipid, boring, negative crap. There's more to football life than simply winning or in Calderwoods case not losing games. I'd gladly accept getting beaten in the manner we were at Easter Road because at least we created chances, attacked and played 'football' (especially the 1st half).

What is not acceptable is today or the Tynecastle semi (I could easily cite numerous other examples) - these displays and the way the manager approached these games are unacceptable.

The worrying thing for me is that Calderwood now has a long-term contract that AFC can't afford to do anything about. We're stuck with him and given what I've seen over the last few seasons the cagey, negative, more-concerned-about the opposition-than-us approach is not going to change now or in the future.

Man marking Johnston...Seve in defence...subbing JDV for Miller...Soutar for Langfield...17 or is it 18 different central defensive pairings this season...

We're in a dark place and there's no light to be found in the immediate future.

Suicidal...nah...for all my faults I'm a fkn optimist...

;D

WTF?!

the size of place that we come from has got something to do with it, the bigger the place the bigger the crowds [in theory] meaning more money, meaning better players [in theory again], meaning greater expectations.  occasionally there will be a team from a small place that does well for a couple of years, but if you look at all the leagues in europe the vast majority of the top sides come from the largest cities.  less of the swearing, "nothing" would've got your point across just as well as "fuck all"

Coming from someone whose username is Huck the Funs?  :thumbsup:

Your key words - "in theory".

we'll thump motherwell on wednesday (start marching up the league again) - and we're gonna put celtic oot the cup - so what's the problem?!?!?

Remember when we caught up 16 points on hibs a few years ago - went 6 points ahead of them - and then they got into europe on goal difference... I feel it is going to be an exciting run in!!! (ye heard it here 1st)

And this is exactly the kind of thing that has placated the supports for the last few years. If we don't beat Motherwell then at least expect a win or credible draw at Snake Mountain.

Note: Greyskull is the good guys place. Thick bassas.  ;)

Coming from someone whose username is Huck the Funs?  :thumbsup:

Your key words - "in theory".

:thumbsup:

the difference is that you used "WTF?! stupidest and fuck all" to respond to a fellow aberdeen fan and forum user who you had a different opinion to, it was unwarranted , huns are huns.

my key words "in theory", what's your point?

in theory these things should happen, when they don't the supporters of these clubs from bigger cities are generally unhappy.  aberdeen "in theory" should be doing better than inverness and falkirk, we're not, some of us are unhappy.