Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons v Leith Junkies 17/12

Jute

Friday before the game and no thread lads whats going on?

Same team as Wednesday for me as Shinnie needs to stay at left back to counter pace of Boyle. Hopefully a similar result as our last game against the spoon burners.

In

Train then sprint to Pittodire stupid fucking kick off time. Thank fuck not having to head 7 miles out of town yet

Y

Pint then train back to Capital.

1-1 May

Consi's chalked off goal was definitely onside, though I suppose this is offset by a suspicion of Flipper being marginally offside for his third. fantastic game to watch at times ripping the piss out of "the second best side in Scotland"

Best performance all season without a doubt

A really good game of football to watch from an AFC viewpoint. We are always at our best when we go out and play and don't give a fuck as to who the opposition are.

Really chuffed for GMS who looked well up for it and has maybe shown that there is a player who can make a big difference for us. SOme of his overall play was really good and the sort of stuff you want to see when you go to a game of football.

The only downside to it all were results elsewhere which really brings home the loss of 6 points in dubious circumstances to them.

We were so good we even tried a training ground corner kick in the first half, with Anthony O'Connor taking the corner and McLean running in for a shot, which although it worked, the shot was never going to bother the keeper.

Three points at the tattiedome would really shake things up.

COYR

I've only just seen that GMS is slightly offside for his third but happened so fast maybe linesman can't be blamed.  I was there and didn't pick up on it either.

Didn't look offside from highlights I saw and was not mentioned on Sportscene. Considine was onside by someway however.

After he does the backheel flick to May he turns to the right and at that point becomes offside.......May then plays the inside pass which GMS runs onto bringing him back into an onside position. There is absolutely no doubt though that for about a second he is definitely offside.

After he does the backheel flick to May he turns to the right and at that point becomes offside.......May then plays the inside pass which GMS runs onto bringing him back into an onside position. There is absolutely no doubt though that for about a second he is definitely offside.

The key point is the precise time when May rolls it past the defenders left leg. It's ok to back heel and run offside but as long as he was onside when the pass was played, it's a goal. It was a goal. It is a goal. It will always be a goal.

You can see it better in the BBC highlights at around 3:40ish. When May kicks it, assuming the grass lines on the pitch are straight (sack the f'n groondsmen), then it's aff by about half a yard. Very difficult one for the linesman to spot given the trajectory of the ball etc.

You can see it better in the BBC highlights at around 3:40ish. When May kicks it, assuming the grass lines on the pitch are straight (sack the f'n groondsmen), then it's aff by about half a yard. Very difficult one for the linesman to spot given the trajectory of the ball etc.

Will need to look again but I thought the Hibs defender nearest South plays hims on.

If that's the exact moment May passed it, yes he was offside. That never even crossed my mind at the time.

Me neither, I checked it back on the BBC highlights after Ten Caat mentioned it. It took me a lot of careful re-runs to hit the pause button at the correct time before taking my screenshot. It's probably as accurate as any sportscene effort.