Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Thank you Aberdeen

Oh well. What can we say. Didn't think our away record was going to be bucked today. But hey, it's nae Kilmarnock we were playing ... it's BAYERN MUNICH! Probably between them and Dnipro as favourites for the cup when the whole tournament began.

When I found out we were playing them in the last 32, i was thinking 5-0 at home and 6-0 away. To come out of this two-legged tie with a final score of 7-3 is by no means embarassing. They are probably the strongest team in the last 32. We are EASILY the weakest team in the last 32.

Well done Dons. Thankyou for giving the fans something to be excited about this season. The fans have had wonderful trips to Madrid and Munich, and those fans who are too young to remember the Gothenburg years have been given their own piece of folklore to take with them in the results over Dnipro and Copenhagen.

I just hope we can find a way back into next season's cup.

Oh well. What can we say. Didn't think our away record was going to be bucked today. But hey, it's nae Kilmarnock we were playing ... it's BAYERN MUNICH! Probably between them and Dnipro as favourites for the cup when the whole tournament began.

When I found out we were playing them in the last 32, i was thinking 5-0 at home and 6-0 away. To come out of this two-legged tie with a final score of 7-3 is by no means embarassing. They are probably the strongest team in the last 32. We are EASILY the weakest team in the last 32.

Well done Dons. Thankyou for giving the fans something to be excited about this season. The fans have had wonderful trips to Madrid and Munich, and those fans who are too young to remember the Gothenburg years have been given their own piece of folklore to take with them in the results over Dnipro and Copenhagen.

well said if we were a great team and got beat i would be more annoyed.

But we were never expected to win even though sometimes you do get carried away and think why not..

Well said I am just glad we got this far. 2-2 at home was a great result and I was glad we at least got 1 over there, if not just to give the fans something to cheer about that travelled there and to give one of our players a chance to say he scored against Munich in Munich. (Something the heroes of 83 never did).

Well done JC and co. Lets hope we can get our domestic game going and have the same again next year.  :thumbsup:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Well said Reekie min.

OK I didn`t get to the games in Ukraine, Greece, Spain or Germany but did manage to be there for the four home ties and having travelled four hours each time to make it I have some wonderful experiences of my "first ever European campaign."  Yes I`ve been a fan for 17 years but had never attended a continental match til the 0-0 draw with Dnipro.  So much better being there than watching it on the box.  Cried through the whole of the first half that night the atmosphere touched me that much...my first visit to Pittodrie in 12 years.  Could have got hammered 5-0 and it wouldn`t have bothered me.

Then there was the Lokomotiv encounter where I saw Zander score my very first `Euro goal` and the play that lead upto the corner was breathtaking. 

As for Copenhagen I wish I had all day to tell you how that was for me but sadly I don`t have the time as I`m in the library with nine minutes left.  Suffice to say I`ll never forget everything that went with that evening. 

Bayern last Thursday....couldn`t have scripted it better myself.  If you`d said to me my first book would be released the same day we met up again with old foes nearly 25 years on from that magical night I`d have told you to have a word with yourself!  Great way to spend your first day as an official author!

JC and all the lads....thanks for the memories!

P.S.Maybe one day I`ll take my Aberdeen journey to greater depths by following them abroad soon.         

Hello everyone.  I just wanted to add my tuppence worth to what Reekie said.  I thought the European experience for the club this season surely went further than anyone could have realisticly expected and to have the run ended by Bayern Munich is not a surprise to anyone in the football world.

Getting out of bed at 5am here in Melbourne to watch the 2-2 game live at Pittodrie was well worth it - to see the team fight the way they did, the stadium full of a great support and then watch as the Dons had the cheek to take the lead, not once but twice, against the great Bayern Munich certainly made me feel proud.

I am jealous of all you lucky supporters who were able to travel to the Ukraine, Greece, Spain and then Germany - a football supporters dream, surely.  Where have the supporters of many of the English Premier and Championship league teams been this season?  Not as far as some Dons supporters, that's for sure.

Good luck for the rest of the season - I will be at my computer at 2am most Sunday mornings following the Dons through the season.

Cheers from Kenny

Can't disagree with whats being said. What a great Uefa journey we've had. I've been so proud to be a dons fan this season and going out to a team that has as much pedigree and power as Bayern is so far from embarassing its funny. We've played some fantastic teams and shown them up.

Munich was my first away trip with the Dons and I certainly won't forget that anytime soon. Best birthday ever. So many memories, met some great people. Just glad my random trip back home actually worked! Thank you Aberdeen FC, the fans and especially the whole of Munich!

Just glad my random trip back home actually worked!

You not sleep past Cologne then??  :P

I have absolutely loved the European tour this year. 6/8 games attended aint bad.

Really really really want us to get 3rd this year so bad now that I know what it means.

Cmon lads, sort this league position out and give us all something to look forward to again next year!

Agree with pretty much everything on here. Thursday, and indeed the whole week, was one of those special things that doesn't come around too often, especially for us. It's been absolutely mindblowing just how good it was. From the 05:25 pint in the airport on tuesday, right up to touching down back in the Granite City, i've had one of the best times you could ask for (as Mizer, theChimp and apparently MiniJC can confirm from my state on tuesday night  ;) ).

The city, the people, the beer, the stadium...not one bad thing to say about any of it (well...one...the Hofbrauhaus refusing to serve us on the Wednesday, but as there was another pub next door who were only too happy to deprive us of our Euros, it was a minor inconveniance).

Personal highlights?

- Auginsteiner Bierhalle: best bounces you could ever imagine

- Olimpiastadion tour: By god, the back of the main stand is HIGH min! Vertigo is nae a good thing...good job I didnae go up that tower thingy like!

- BMW Welt: Mainly cos the entire squad, the management team, Willie Miller and Jim Leighton walked in  :thumbsup:

- The atmosphere: Never witnessed anything like it. If only we could get that at regular home matches.  :(

- THE BEER!

- Marienplatz before the game

Just fantastic...I feel sorry for those that couldn't make it. You missed a classic.

Agree with everything said here. The Bavarians treated us so well when we were over there. I had it in my head that the germans were quiet and unsociable, but my god was i wrong. Absolutely stunning place, and would go back in an instant.

A week I will never forget.

Thanks Aberdeen, and most of all thanks Munich for being such great hosts  :thumbsup:

It's been an unforgettable experience.  Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for another european tour.

Met loads of great people and some of the bounces have been absolutely superb 8)

It was a great trip, thoroughly enjoyed everything apart from the result.  What a great city, I couldn't find a bad word to say about it.

Good to meet some of you guys - Funster, BTR, Padre, Hebrew, Craig Don - I think that's who I met.

If you met them in on the Wed night in Augustiner, or fit ever it was called as I met all them there, its kind of strange i never met you as well... then again i was well pished ;)

If you met them in on the Wed night in Augustiner, or fit ever it was called as I met all them there, its kind of strange i never met you as well... then again i was well pished ;)

Aye I was told you were in the bar somewhere but I don't think we met.

I think everybody was well pissed!  Great fun though...  The beermats were flying that night.

Maybe like me, you did meet him but just can't remember.  Perhaps meeting Kowalski is simply a forgettable experience! ;)

Seriously though, great laugh in that place - we started singing the "Posh Spice/Cow/Shaggin Beckham/Thinks of Andy Dow" song and the two lads at our table started pi$$ing themselves as one of them showed us on his driving license what his name was - Andrew Dow!  :lolabove:

Met a few lads from off here, but I was so pissed half the time I probably met far more than I can recall.  Jack Daniel's and Coke for breakfast will do that to you!

Maybe like me, you did meet him but just can't remember.  Perhaps meeting Kowalski is simply a forgettable experience! ;)

It is indeed possible that that was the case.

amazing number of folk i met o'er there for the second time and didn't remember meeting them for the first time.

Is anyone else still suffering from the trip? Having been puking up since getting back and i aint even going to describe my current bodily functions!!

Still have the shakes really badly and feel absolutly shattered. :( :( :(

Anyone else similar?

Nah, i've been fine, if just a little bit knackered..... Shit enough times during my three days in munich to last a month though. Must have been something in the beer ???

Is anyone else still suffering from the trip? Having been puking up since getting back and i aint even going to describe my current bodily functions!!

Still have the shakes really badly and feel absolutly shattered. :( :( :(

Anyone else similar?

Nah, i've been fine, if just a little bit knackered..... Shit enough times during my three days in munich to last a month though. Must have been something in the beer ???

I'm the same, have been fine since coming home, opposite from comin back from Madrid.  I was shiting and spewing after Madrid and was bedded - but managed to go out on the same night I came back from Munich.  Didn't even shit much in Munich, had to wait from Thursday til today before I had a shit!!  I blame the copious amounts of vodka in Madrid and the decent beer in Munich