Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Wiggy and his out of touch comments - Huns/Tims

Fit is wrang wi the guy? Seriosuly, first it was "we should move on from the cheating" when HMRC won the final appeal against Oldco.

Now, getting 1.5% of the money Celtic will get "is good for Scottish football"

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/15487179.Stewart_Milne__Celtic_qualifying_for_Champions_League_is_good_news_for_Scottish_football___including_Aberdeen/

No. It. Fucking. Isna!

I should qualify by stating, it's not just the Tims, it's whoever would win the league, and every other league in Europe, the Champions League money is now so far out of whack that domestic competitions are being ruined by a super-club in every country hoovering up huge multiples of what the rest get.

The problem is with UEFA and how they administer the sponsorship funding. The model is broken an it needs fixed.

So no Wiggy, it's not "good for Scottish football" at all.

Fit is wrang? Quite simple. His agenda differs.

He's not interested in fitba. He just doles out neutral platitudes designed not to offend anyone so that he can pursue his real motive. He even pretends to care.

A charlatan in other words. A complete and utter scheister.

What's his real motive Rocket?

He's all about money.  That's how he measures success.

In business, that's fine.  The name of the game is to make money.

In football, money is a means to an end: sporting success.  Since money is the most important guarantor of football success, it's legitimate for a guy running a club to try to maximise its income.  Usually chasing the money is the right thing to do.

But not always.  If something increases your income but also increases your competitors' to the point that your chance of success is massively reduced, that thing hurts your club and you should oppose it.  Ironically it's also likely to hurt you financially long term because less success will certainly hurt your income stream.

Milne doesn't get it.  I've never believed he has anything other than the club's interest at heart when he says this stuff, but his reflexive assumption that it's all about maximising your income is too ingrained in his personality for him question it.

It's what is behind his reluctance to do anything to harm the "Rangers" brand, irrespective of sporting justice or the wishes of the fans he's supposed to represent.  It's behind this welcoming of Celtic's European success.  It was behind the shameful refusal to alter the 11-1 rule when we had a chance to do it, IMO the single most destructive decision ever made involving our football club.  It's why, even leaving aside his poor judgement about "speculate to accumulate" early in his tenure and his mostly awful judgement in appointing managers he's been a tragically awful steward of the this club.

Aye, pretty much how I see it. Especially the 11-1. It showed spectacularly that he didn't understand his business (good hoose builder <> good fitba chairman). It's just nae that instinctive for him.

I would add though, that he's been in the mix for a long time now. I think that familiarity didn't help when the hun debacle came about. He deals with the other chairman regularly, especially the Tim, and they all actively work together in what seems to be a "lets just keep things ticking over" mode, with very little invention and very little change. That familiarity has led to him, essentially, towing the line. However, I'd expect stronger plays by both Fraser and Yule who, for men in their position(s), keep a relatively low profile. It's rare in business to see a company chairman have such responsibility without strong direction of both CFO and CEO.

Our - as supporters - enemies are the SFA and perhaps the huns/tims, as well as the TV companies. Those are Milne's facilitators. There's always going to be a huge disparity. We're never likely to be represented by someone with such opposing views.

Aye, pretty much how I see it. Especially the 11-1. It showed spectacularly that he didn't understand his business (good hoose builder <> good fitba chairman). It's just nae that instinctive for him.

I would add though, that he's been in the mix for a long time now. I think that familiarity didn't help when the hun debacle came about. He deals with the other chairman regularly, especially the Tim, and they all actively work together in what seems to be a "lets just keep things ticking over" mode, with very little invention and very little change. That familiarity has led to him, essentially, towing the line. However, I'd expect stronger plays by both Fraser and Yule who, for men in their position(s), keep a relatively low profile. It's rare in business to see a company chairman have such responsibility without strong direction of both CFO and CEO.

Our - as supporters - enemies are the SFA and perhaps the huns/tims, as well as the TV companies. Those are Milne's facilitators. There's always going to be a huge disparity. We're never likely to be represented by someone with such opposing views.

this