Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

McGregor Vs Mayweather

SeeBass
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think this will go quite deep maybe a Round Ten stoppage for Mayweather.  Just hope McGregor doesn't get embarrassed.  Seems like a very endearing bloke outside said Octagon so personally given this reason alone I'd love to see him come out victorious.

If Mayweather is such a hot favourite and Conor really has no chance in the opinion of boxing experts why has McGregor's price come in so dramatically other than his ardent fans being a bit silly with their money??  He surely must be doing this just for the pay cheque.  Anybody know if he'll be returning to the UFC scene afterwards. 

I've never watched a UFC fight in my life before. I'm aware of it's existence and aware of McGregor, but the first time I've ever seen or heard of him was in the build up to this absolute pantomime.

He's certainly not come across well. From what I've seen of him he's a grade A knobjockey and I hope he gets the living crap beat out of him in Round 1.

First of all MMA is the fastest growing sport in the world ..

For me its also the best sport anywhere .

They truly are  gladiators with many skills required to compete at the highest level they also don't hide from any fighter .

Unlike boxing these fighters train up to 6 hours a day and when in the octagon they don't give up like some boxers do.

If you haven't seen it watch some of the live events on BT sports .

Even some of the woman are huge draws like Rhonda Rousey or even the Preachers Daughter they have even been the Co Main Event of the evening sadly woman in boxing have up to now not been the main event .

But will say this you aren't as good as you were in any sport at the age of 40.

VO2 max reduces by then which means you are not so fit .also speed starts to go then too as mine did during my road racing days.

McGregor isn't as good or as fast but he's younger and will last the pace if he doesn't get hit too much.

He will also have that punchers chance Connor can punch make no mistake of that.

I would love to see UFC come away with a win as boxing isn't what it once was a look at the heavyweight division tells you that.

Remember the day .

Ali

Foreman .

Norton

Spinks

Larry Holmes.

Ernie Shavers

Sonny Liston.

Floyd Patterson.

People are now turning their backs away from boxing and tuning into UFC there's no turning back. :dunno:

Fight fans now are looking for more.

I've never watched a UFC fight in my life before. I'm aware of it's existence and aware of McGregor, but the first time I've ever seen or heard of him was in the build up to this absolute pantomime.

He's certainly not come across well. From what I've seen of him he's a grade A knobjockey and I hope he gets the living crap beat out of him in Round 1.

Exactly.

utter psihfest

Did Yu see them both slag each other off on stage before the fight. It was pathetic.like a school ground.

Both are fucking knob ends.

This wasn't just good hype it was embarrassing.

Shame on you both.

They got what what they wanted though. The highest purse in history of a fight right?

Wasn't interested in it one bit.

Rocket Scientist you've absolutely CRUSHED ME!!  I totally forgot we made that prediction and didn't do it as couldn't see fight Live hence hate backing stuff yours truly can't watch as things unfold!!!

Called Ladbrokes and they said if I'd put money down when making such a statement we'd be looking at (18/1) as one's price.

Masterful performance and a foolproof strategy. Mayweather is much more intelligent than McGregor. Ok it was always going to be a very extreme long shot for the Dubliner but the lighter, older man dominated it and was never in trouble.

Exactly this, he controlled the fight from start to finish. McGregor only won rounds because Floyd let him due to strategy. After 5 or 6 rounds McGregor was gassed and was pretty much love tapping him with a wet kipper. You saw a strong pro versus a plucky amateur boxer. I'd have loved to see McGregor win but Floyd had it in the bag from the off.

I'd have loved to see McGregor win but Floyd had it in the bag from the off.

Right up until the weigh-in, I was wanting McGregor to win. His behaviour and interview changed all that. He was crass, childish and showed a complete lack of respect to his opponent's record. He's not the first stupid oirish classless fuck from a gypsy tink background but his posturing about Las Vegas belonging to Ireland revealed a patriotism only found in the ignorantly immature.

Plus I hated those snap down shades of his.

Right up until the weigh-in, I was wanting McGregor to win. His behaviour and interview changed all that. He was crass, childish and showed a complete lack of respect to his opponent's record. He's not the first stupid oirish classless fuck from a gypsy tink background but his posturing about Las Vegas belonging to Ireland revealed a patriotism only found in the ignorantly immature.

Plus I hated those snap down shades of his.

I hear you but both are equally bad, just in different ways. Hearing and seeing Mayweather over the years in the media, total knob.