Travelling To Games

How far/long does it take everybody to make a Home match??  Was thinking about how tough it's getting on me physically older I get with having one's ever uncertain future disability wise.  So far from the Scottish Borders I've made Pittodrie 12 times in 2017 with a May visit to Tynecastle too.  I'd be there every game if it was financially viable. 

How far/long does it take everybody to make a Home match??  Was thinking about how tough it's getting on me physically older I get with having one's ever uncertain future disability wise.  So far from the Scottish Borders I've made Pittodrie 12 times in 2017 with a May visit to Tynecastle too.  I'd be there every game if it was financially viable.

Used to travel up and down in the day from Edinburgh but now we have a kid that's not really on. So usually now stay overnight for games which adds to the cost. Cost is the major driver on attendance these days. Seems to be less and less cheap tickets available for trains. Not helped by games being moved at short notice which makes it difficult to book to far in advance.

I try and make at least 5 home games a season these days.  I had a season ticket for a few few years up until the beginning of last season but with change of circumstance combined with quite a lot of games getting moved for tv (getting up at 7 on a sunday to get through for a 12:15 ko is just no fun) it became hard to maintain.  Getting through from Inverness is pretty easy, supporters bus goes for 15 quid return and when you have your season ticket already it's actually quite a cheap day out. 

Used to do it from central fife in just over 90 minutes (unless Dundee was heaving) and would always manage about 6-8 home games a season.

Now its 2 and a half hours from South Lanarkshire. Twice a season is all I manage now. However Hamilton, Motherwell, Partick etc are a piece of piss to get to...

Back in the day,used to get the train,lifts fae the sisters boyfriends,travel with the Elgin supporters bus,inverness bus to away games,hitch hiked on many occasions.Nowadays a simple drive or train fae Portlethen

If yer ever hitch hiking fae Portlethen, I'll pick ye up.

Drop ye at the train station.

Your generosity knows no bounds Rico  ;D

Generally fly up to games from London. Especially if it's in Aberdeen,  or it'll be a train to Edinburgh or the weeg depending on who we're playing. Generally made a game or two a season. Hadn't been to Pittodrie in years until a couple of years back.