Arnason Birthday 'Goal'

I'm in absolute buckets right now!! And we're blaming our new signing Kari Arnason!! Five years ago when he first shone for us we played a game away at Inverness Caledonian Thistle on my 32nd birthday. I'd always loved this Icelandic Beast from moment I saw him play. One put £11 (he wore No.11 jersey back then) Opening Scorer where above match is concerned. Well it came over SKY Sports Score Centre as;

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 0 v 1 Aberdeen (ARNASON 22).

So phoned Mam and literally went berserk. I mean was said case of losing one's cool when shouting down blower;

"He's only gone and bloody scored on my 32nd birthday Mam £11 First Scorer!!!"

Two minutes later Score Centre updated with a correction;

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 0 v 1 Aberdeen (Romain Golobart O.G. 22)

Had such a laugh together telling her about how an own goal got given instead. Taking myself back towards that moment and remembering Mam ain't around anymore has just unexpectedly choked me. She introduced yours truly to such a wonderful thing supporting 'The Sheep'. Still miss 'Gina' beyond any plausible explanation people.

Ha ha a true SeeBass story, obviously a shame you missed out on the winnings but i'm sure it's provided you with another excellent memory of your mother  :thumbsup:

Hopefully Arnason can do the honourable thing and actually score a goal next time you put a bet on ;)