Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Making this thread on the assumption that Ryan Jack decides his future lies elsewhere.

Do you have any particular player in mind as to who you'd like to see us replace him, realistically please!

My shout would be Abdul Osman at Partick Thistle. He is their Captain, he's 6ft+, very physical as we all know and loves a tackle. But can also keep it simple in terms of passing and slowing down a game.

Partick don't concede a lot of goals, and are a tough nut to break down most of the time, Osman is a big part of that, so is the boy Lindsay & Barton to be fair.

Just an opinion, but I'd love to see him come in.

Making this thread on the assumption that Ryan Jack decides his future lies elsewhere.

Do you have any particular player in mind as to who you'd like to see us replace him, realistically please!

My shout would be Abdul Osman at Partick Thistle. He is their Captain, he's 6ft+, very physical as we all know and loves a tackle. But can also keep it simple in terms of passing and slowing down a game.

Partick don't concede a lot of goals, and are a tough nut to break down most of the time, Osman is a big part of that, so is the boy Lindsay & Barton to be fair.

Just an opinion, but I'd love to see him come in.

His name has been mentioned previously I think, possibly after our last game against them?  Wouldn't be against it, seems capable.

Yeah I've mentioned him, he looks hte nastry bastard we have been looking for for a long time.  He reminds me a little of bisco.

Except we don't need a nasty bastard, and we haven't or shouldn't have been looking for one for a long time (I'm pretty certain Deek will agree on this). We've got a guy on 9 bookings this season and he's easily strong and good enough for the SPL. Shinnie is a ready-made replacement for Brown in the Scotland squad if the ginger cunt was even looking.

We've had this shite from dons fans for years now and it's bollocks. We need good footballers, dynamic footballers, in yer face footballers and most of all quick footballers. Look at last night, we trounced Dundee with intensity and skill. Not nastiness.

Draper, Hammil, Goodwin, Osman, Lasley, Davidson all constantly suggested by dons fans because they're big and strong, or dirty. The common theme? They're far too slow and should all have been playing centre half or not at all.

It's this weird myth that we seem to have that our midfield isn't strong enough. We're second in the league because our midfield is very very good. Osman may be able to boot one of our players, or beat one in a challenge a few times, but he has about a tenth of the movement, one hundredth of the movement and one thousandth of the skill of Jack and Shinnie. He simply wouldn't be a replacement, because we don't need that type of player and never have. That was evidenced by a very similar O'Connor playing there, evidenced by a very slow Arneson playing there, Touzani. Compare those guys with players like Heikennen, Severin Richardson etc. and they understandably look shite. You mention Bisconti? We was great because he was all-over-the-shop, high-intensity and strong, but he was massively let down by because he was a nasty bastard and a liability at times (getting caught out of position as well as stupid bookings).

Deek will have picked up Tansey because he fits the nill in his opinion (I don't know enough about him). That bill is someone to replace Jack. That means hard-working, can get up and down the pitch all day, very good on the ball, always available for a pass, excellent positioning, always aware when others are out of position and willing to cover, doesn't fly into challenges, slows down opposition attacks by ushering the player away from goal or getting a foot in rather than selling himself, being quick enough not to just get passed around, not giving away stupid freekicks and generally being reliable and sensible.

There's perhaps one or two games a season where a physical team (usually on a shitey pitch) who are really up for it get us on a bad day when we're either tired or nervous (hertz in cup) or whatever and they bully us and beat us. For every one of those there are a dozen games where we win because we play high-intensity, skillful possession football and simply play round the shitey lumps who try to kick us. We are second because we've sacrificed hoofers for players who are good at fitba. That's the way to win games and that's the way it should be.

Incidentally, the boy Barton is a far better fitba'r than Osman. Although I'd also question whether he was quite mobile enough too.

Also, if this player, or another of his ilk, played for us they'd be constantly suspended.

They get away with this style of play for Thistle, ICT, Hearts.... whoever, for us..... nae so much.

As mentioned, Shinnie has been booked nine times.

How many of those bookings were justified?

How many times would Mutant Face have been booked for similar tackles?

Except we don't need a nasty bastard, and we haven't or shouldn't have been looking for one for a long time (I'm pretty certain Deek will agree on this). We've got a guy on 9 bookings this season and he's easily strong and good enough for the SPL. Shinnie is a ready-made replacement for Brown in the Scotland squad if the ginger cunt was even looking.

We've had this shite from dons fans for years now and it's bollocks. We need good footballers, dynamic footballers, in yer face footballers and most of all quick footballers. Look at last night, we trounced Dundee with intensity and skill. Not nastiness.

Draper, Hammil, Goodwin, Osman, Lasley, Davidson all constantly suggested by dons fans because they're big and strong, or dirty. The common theme? They're far too slow and should all have been playing centre half or not at all.

It's this weird myth that we seem to have that our midfield isn't strong enough. We're second in the league because our midfield is very very good. Osman may be able to boot one of our players, or beat one in a challenge a few times, but he has about a tenth of the movement, one hundredth of the movement and one thousandth of the skill of Jack and Shinnie. He simply wouldn't be a replacement, because we don't need that type of player and never have. That was evidenced by a very similar O'Connor playing there, evidenced by a very slow Arneson playing there, Touzani. Compare those guys with players like Heikennen, Severin Richardson etc. and they understandably look shite. You mention Bisconti? We was great because he was all-over-the-shop, high-intensity and strong, but he was massively let down by because he was a nasty bastard and a liability at times (getting caught out of position as well as stupid bookings).

Deek will have picked up Tansey because he fits the nill in his opinion (I don't know enough about him). That bill is someone to replace Jack. That means hard-working, can get up and down the pitch all day, very good on the ball, always available for a pass, excellent positioning, always aware when others are out of position and willing to cover, doesn't fly into challenges, slows down opposition attacks by ushering the player away from goal or getting a foot in rather than selling himself, being quick enough not to just get passed around, not giving away stupid freekicks and generally being reliable and sensible.

There's perhaps one or two games a season where a physical team (usually on a shitey pitch) who are really up for it get us on a bad day when we're either tired or nervous (hertz in cup) or whatever and they bully us and beat us. For every one of those there are a dozen games where we win because we play high-intensity, skillful possession football and simply play round the shitey lumps who try to kick us. We are second because we've sacrificed hoofers for players who are good at fitba. That's the way to win games and that's the way it should be.

Incidentally, the boy Barton is a far better fitba'r than Osman. Although I'd also question whether he was quite mobile enough too.

Remember in the summer Deek made a beeline for a couple of big solid players because we got pushed around a lot last season?  I think deek would be more than happy to have an option like Osman for the def mid role.  Don't get me wrong I agree with a lot of what you say there and it's very pleasing the way we are playing at the moment but looking back through history you find an awful lot of great teams have such a player.  You can put a big part of Arsenals demise to the fact they have still never found someone to pick up the reigns Viera left  for example. Osman would be a good addition to the team imo, he can defo play a bit and isn't going to pushed off the ball by anyone.  You'll be pleased to hear it's highly unlikely to happen given Osman is actually 30 (i just looked it up, thought he was mid 20's) and I can't see DM going there. 

As mentioned, Shinnie has been booked nine times.

How many of those bookings were justified?

How many times would Mutant Face have been booked for similar tackles?

The worst thing about the Scotland game the other week (the one they won) was hearing the commentator saying that Brown has had 15 bookings this season! Kind of put to bed the "he never gets booked" thing.

Obviously he gets an extra three tackles afore being booked, but I'd - uncontroversially - say that Shinnie gets an extra kick before going in the book. I'd also say the vast majority of his 9 bookings were deserved for persistent fouling. There was one game where he got about 4 fouls against that weren't, but other than that he generally puts in a few borderline yellow challenges a game. As I said earlier, he's Scotland's answer when Brown retires again.

tlg. Good points, I suppose I dinna really rate Osman that highly. He reminds me of another Draper.