Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Office Etiquette

There spiks a North East loon.

Content yourself with a simple "Aye"

The particular NE trait here is honesty and integrity.

We aren't comfortable pretending to be nice to people we don't like. It's false, it's dishonest of us and it grates the soul. Much as we'd love to say fuck you so they ignore us the next time, this isn't satisfactory either.

The only solution is to run your own company and do it your way. It's not like you're going to recruit people you can't stand. Moving to another company won't solve anything. Most people aren't loveworthy.

The particular NE trait here is honesty and integrity.

We aren't comfortable pretending to be nice to people we don't like. It's false, it's dishonest of us and it grates the soul.

Aye this, this I find very difficult to do/hide. When I don't like someone they generally know. And then they think I'm a cunt  :dunno:

Dealing with the public is tough. Dealing with any people can be.

I'm getting better at it though. Bin years since I went fuck off ye wank when they are being a wank. They pay for our lifestyles so the least we can do for the public is not to tell them what we think of them. They don't know they're wanks and our telling them isn't going to change anything. It's great when we get good folk, genuinely appreciative. They get a better service although even the wanks get what they pay for, even though it's absolute bare minimum from me.

I'm happy enough to verbally interact with a colleague in work, but not the moment I've just dragged myself in through the door.

Leave me the fuck alone for half an hour to get a coffee, figure out what the day holds and then ease myself into it.

But, fair enough, a few grunts of morning isn't too bad. The absolute nightmare that I have the misfortune to sit opposite though really needs a lesson in 'shut the fuck up'

She'll come charging in down the corridor as though she's the most important person around and is late for a make or break meeting, as she parks her sizeable arse on the chair she's already complaining about something that happened on the way to work or something that happened the previous evening, she'll then open her emails and feel the need to loudly comment about each and every one she reads, as though the rest of us should give a fuck.

She'll then spend half an hour complaining about how she's too busy to do anything, despite the fact that she's got a spare half hour to complain about it, then fuck off for an hour to have breakfast, come back phone some friends etc, etc, etc....

Not my favourite co-worker for sure

AN interesting thread from my viewpoint as I currently work in an office where I was given a job in a department who didn't really want me and they have let me know it, to top it off I am surrounded by huns, tims, guffs, Dundonians, Geordies and all sorts and the one thing they have in common is they hate Aberdeen and Aberdeen supporters especially.  Quite happy to make their money in Aberdeen, but slag the place off all day, strange bunch of cunts really. Even the guy who claims to be a "top red" only got his first (half) season ticket this season.

Ordinarily I have no issue in saying morning to the folk I work with, but in this current role words are never exchanged, ever.