Munich trip

What's everyone up when they're over?

Other than the game and a bit oh shoppin i've no idea what we can do over there. i've had a wee look at the tourism site but nothin really stands out. i fancied a tour of the stadium but they don't hold them on matchdays so i can't see us going up there twice in two days.

Is there any bars/strip which we'll all be congregating in?

A museum worth seeing?

A building that must be seen/tour?

cheers for any shout outs :thumbsup:

What's everyone up when they're over?

Other than the game and a bit oh shoppin i've no idea what we can do over there. i've had a wee look at the tourism site but nothin really stands out. i fancied a tour of the stadium but they don't hold them on matchdays so i can't see us going up there twice in two days.

Is there any bars/strip which we'll all be congregating in?

A museum worth seeing?

A building that must be seen/tour?

cheers for any shout outs :thumbsup:

This: ERDINGER.jpg

I would think the same thing that was done in Dnipro, Athens & Madrid. Drinking, hanging about, singing, drinking, hanging about a bit more, some more drinking, metro, bouncing, singing, some more drinking, attend a match if still able, singing, hopefully bouncing, more drinking and then home. Sound like a plan ?  :thumbsup:

I would think the same thing that was done in Dnipro, Athens & Madrid. Drinking, hanging about, singing, drinking, hanging about a bit more, some more drinking, metro, bouncing, singing, some more drinking, attend a match if still able, singing, hopefully bouncing, more drinking and then home. Sound like a plan ?  :thumbsup:

I assume you are heading over ajja?  If so i will be buying people drinks for the sake of them just noticing it's me, no hugs this time mizer. :

Guest Caroline B

Depends on what you want to see. If History is your bag then perhaps a trip to Dachau, the first concentration camp in Germany on the outskirts of Munich. Of course there is the Olympic Stadium, where Bayern played before and where nearby you can skate on the actual Olympic Ice rink. Take your trunks and you can also swim in the actual Olympic pool. The BMW museum is close by too although I think it's may still be shut for renovations

The Englischer garden on the East of the city is worth a visit and has 2 beer gardens which shall be less crowded than Hoffbrau and Augustiner. Lowenbrau brewery on the west of the city is worth a look.

Marienplatz is where it all happens and there is a bit of history around there. That's where they used to do the public executions (A bit like Castlegate then!)

Some bloke called Hitler started up some party or other in Munich and although few signs of it are left, there is an old place of his on the outskirts of Munich that you can visit and have a beer or coffee on the veranda.

I'm sure if you poke around a wee bit you'll find a few things to do.......apart from drink ;D