Andy Considine

Said it a few times,but keep him in the same position long enough, he starts slowly,but works out how to play there better than most over time.Moving him about too often seems to knock him off his stride IMO. eg the season he broke his leg,he was playing regular at C/B and getting rave reviews( players player of the year nomination? ).He was getting pelters when he started playing at l/b before Shinnies arrival,but at the end of that season,we were questioning if we needed Shinnie.

Not perfect,but at least worth a place in the squad.

Huh? Questioned if we ever needed Shinnie??? Don't recall that, all I heard was people wanting Shinnie at LB. It's only since it was pretty much clarified by DM that Shinnie was staying in center mid plus the consistency of a starting lineup that Considine has been accepted by most at LB.

Consistent squad player and a diehard don but, much like Brian Irvine in his day, limited in ability. Slow on the turn and struggles with speedy forwards. Still a central defender to me.

I meant at the end of the season before Shinnie started playing for us,when Considine had been playing regularly at l/b.Some(on Abmad at least) were wondering then,if we would have been better using resources on a midfielder instead.

ps am not saying I want him at l/b,just that he adapts well to where he plays.I would also prefer him at C/B

Consistent squad player and a diehard don but, much like Brian Irvine in his day, limited in ability. Slow on the turn and struggles with speedy forwards. Still a central defender to me.

That's very harsh. Considine's biggest problem when he was younger was that he was easily knocked off the ball. He's sorted that out by coming to meet the ball and giving attackers no space. He's the best footballing defender at the club, has a good touch and isn't frightened to take the ball under pressure. A much better football player than folk give him credit for. Better on the ball than a lot of midfielders we've had in recent years.

That's very harsh. Considine's biggest problem when he was younger was that he was easily knocked off the ball. He's sorted that out by coming to meet the ball and giving attackers no space. He's the best footballing defender at the club, has a good touch and isn't frightened to take the ball under pressure. A much better football player than folk give him credit for. Better on the ball than a lot of midfielders we've had in recent years.

Very well put Rico & i agree.

The only harshness here is your interpretation of the truth, of what he said.

He is as limited as Donkey Irvine, who was good enough to play for Scotland, I think, if I recall correctly. Therefore he is a more than competent footballer, just not world class. As he said, Considine is best in the centre of defence, certainly better than Reynolds (who isn't these days?) and Taylor but by continually being forced to play in Shinnie's best position, will obviously see his weaknesses exposed. Consi is a great servant, an excellent man.

Consi is a good centre half. At the start of the season I would have said that we needed another cb alongside O'Connor but now I'd actually argue that it should be consi that should have a competent guy alongside him. He's wasted on the left although I think Elgin is right. When he was kept in one position for long enough he was more than competent. I think a number of folk were questioning whether Shinnie was actually required (obviously he was/is but that's beside the point).