Another magnificent away support

What I canna understand is how few County had, sub 2000 was it?

This tournament is half of their (and our) shot at actually winning summat.

I understand there's a season ticket culture these days, and with cup ties nae being on it, there's an extra shell-out for the game.

But it's nae like it was Queens Park or the like in the first round, this was a home game against a big side (a side that they have a terrific record against at home) for a 1/4 final place.

If I was a County fan, I'd be well disappointed with that turn out.

St's are part of the problem,but theres more to it than that.My first memory of a SC game was during Bonthrones era.We were getting crowds around 10,000 in '74/75 for home games prior to the SC game v Motherwell,but got 24,000 for that one.

League crowds are probably a bitty more now,but weve struggled to get 10,000 for some SC games.Theyre down at most other clubs too

St's are part of the problem,but theres more to it than that.My first memory of a SC game was during Bonthrones era.We were getting crowds around 10,000 in '74/75 for home games prior to the SC game v Motherwell,but got 24,000 for that one.

League crowds are probably a bitty more now,but weve struggled to get 10,000 for some SC games.Theyre down at most other clubs too

I mind that game. The cup was a much bigger deal then, also, we'd put out Deadco and the Joooot in the previous rounds.

Seem to remember Motherwell beat us that day, Willie Pettigrew ?

The cup doesn't seem to be as big a deal nowadays both North & South of the border, mabye partly down to no Euro place ? :dunno:

Seem to remember Motherwell beat us that day, Willie Pettigrew ?

The cup doesn't seem to be as big a deal nowadays both North & South of the border, mabye partly down to no Euro place ? :dunno:

Cup winners still get a europa league place. Its league cup that has no placed attached.