Odds/betting thread

mondo

Apologies if there is already a thread hidden away somewhere.

Anyone like a flutter now and again?  I've settled down with my betting now, it wasn't so long ago I was looking at my bank statement and seeing I was spending about £400 a month on betting.

Set my deposit limits right down and now only put a £25 coupon on every weekend on SPL games only.  Plus the odd tenner on the dons now and again.  Never had much luck with the coupons but had a few decent wins from dons games.  Pick of the bunch being £25 on Hayes to score first and us to beat celtic at Pittodrie last (?) season @ 90/1 ish.  Must of been the only person in the stadium celebrating their consolation goal as most of their fans had left by then  :thumbsup: Anyone else had some bonnie wins?

Watching the snooker the now and you were getting 3/1 for Perry to win the match even when he was up 2-0.  You never know with Ronnie though I suppose.  Also thought the bookies fucked up on the NYE old firm game, 2/1 for celtic to win after Der Hun went 1-0 up with a massive chunk of the game still to go.

I've only ever put a bet on once. There was a horse called "My kingdom of Fife" running and it was a long shot. My dad was born in Fife, so I put $10 on it. I won $300 when it came in. It was the only time I've ever gone to the pub and come home with more money than I went with.  :laughing: It was a bit of a rush and can see why a lot of people do it. I had enough vices at the time and did not need another one, so that is the one and only time I'll put a bet on.

I like a bet and am currently on a good run (which will come to an end very soon no doubt!!).  Have to say I rarely touch SPL games these days; too many are too hard to call. 

Find I do best with Serie A, always seem to get good value there. Atalanta and Bologna have been particularly kind to me this season.

Had a thing for betting on cards in the past two seasons - you get really good odds on a team getting more than 3 cards, and can somewhat reduce your risk by also betting on them getting 2-3 cards.  Unfortunately, the current trend for refs to keep their cards in their pockets for as long as possible means I've not ventured into that market too much this season.

I've only ever put a bet on once. There was a horse called "My kingdom of Fife" running and it was a long shot. My dad was born in Fife, so I put $10 on it. I won $300 when it came in. It was the only time I've ever gone to the pub and come home with more money than I went with.  :laughing: It was a bit of a rush and can see why a lot of people do it. I had enough vices at the time and did not need another one, so that is the one and only time I'll put a bet on.

Love it when something jumps out at you and it's almost as if you know it's going to come in.  One day in the works van I was looking through the racing pages and the name 'gentleman john' jumped out at me.  Seen as the boss and the apprentice I was working with were both called john I thought i'd throw 20 quid on at 8-1.  She romped home  :thumbsup:

I like a bet and am currently on a good run (which will come to an end very soon no doubt!!).  Have to say I rarely touch SPL games these days; too many are too hard to call. 

Find I do best with Serie A, always seem to get good value there. Atalanta and Bologna have been particularly kind to me this season.

Had a thing for betting on cards in the past two seasons - you get really good odds on a team getting more than 3 cards, and can somewhat reduce your risk by also betting on them getting 2-3 cards.  Unfortunately, the current trend for refs to keep their cards in their pockets for as long as possible means I've not ventured into that market too much this season.

Your right about the SPL.  I've only ever came close just the once in the last 2 seasons.  I'm sticking with it though.  I always include at least 2 draws to bump up the odds a bit.  Friday nights game could be a good one for your cards, that Clancy bloke fairly dishes them out doesn't he?

Ha,similar to me.Bettings never bothered me,and only ever betted on the Grand National once.We were sitting in the pub(might have been a cup final day) and thought we'd all have a flutter on the National.I stuck a fiver on Mr Frisk,around 1990.Came in at 33/1.Nice one ,I thought,thats nae going to happen again.Havna bothered with it since.

Your right about the SPL.  I've only ever came close just the once in the last 2 seasons.  I'm sticking with it though.  I always include at least 2 draws to bump up the odds a bit.  Friday nights game could be a good one for your cards, that Clancy bloke fairly dishes them out doesn't he?

A decent bet is for matches in the SPL to be draws at half time, always seems to be a fair few Saturdays per season where there are 5 0-0s in the SPL at half time out of the 3pm kick offs.

Already put the Dons on -1 goal so won't bother with the cards but wouldn't be surprised if Clancy is in charge.  Had put a bet on that game last night for the cards because Atkinson was the ref, semi final and thought Southampton would be up against it away from home... wasn't a tackle in the whole game.  ::)