Millwall

manc_don

Now I'm no fan of them, but they are a proper football club that forms an active part of south London. Games there are fun, decent atmosphere (especially the away end) and I would see it as an absolute tragedy if what is proposed succeeds. I'm amazed that it has got as far as this. The whole thing is so shady it's unreal. As usual, money talks  :hammer:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/05/millwall-admit-council-scheme-leave-lewisham

Now I'm no fan of them, but they are a proper football club that forms an active part of south London. Games there are fun, decent atmosphere (especially the away end) and I would see it as an absolute tragedy if what is proposed succeeds. I'm amazed that it has got as far as this. The whole thing is so shady it's unreal. As usual, money talks  :hammer:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/05/millwall-admit-council-scheme-leave-lewisham

Well isnt this a nice move for society. I used to think CPOs were reserved for Major Transport and infrastructure developments but then saw what Glasgow city council got up to with the commonwealth games.

With regards to the latter I can't say I have noticed any changes in the local population's sporting activities so the legacy seems to be they got to demolish an area which would often be included in the 'poverty' statistics and evict the residents for next to fuck all (I heard tell of people being given about 1/4 of the value of their homes) and put the city into debt (I believe part of the funding involved mortgaging lots of council properties thereby reducing their income).

Lewisham council perhaps looking to get rid of Shadwell town so they can appeal to more Boycies?

Good luck to everyone who has their own home. It appears its not just the Bankers who will tear the bricks and mortar our from under you.