Monday 5th August 2024

St Johnstone v Aberdeen: kick-off 8pm

Police shootings

mondo

Caught a bit on the news about that guy who was shot dead by police on the M62.  It was his funeral today and hundreds turned out for it even though they did not personally know him.

Sorry but the guy was well known to police, he was known to be quite a player in the drug trade and had previous for attempted murder with a firearm (though he was never found guilty).  There seems to be a bit of the American 'fuck the police' demos going on.  The usual idiots with their 'police brutality' placards.

Surely if you are travelling in a car with a loaded weapon in your footwell you know you are risking the chance of being shot by police stopping you but of course he was a 'gentleman', 'wouldn't hurt a fly' blah blah....Pisses me off, it's just a matter of time until his parents are suing the force.

I'm far from the greatest fan of the boys in blue especially the police scotland version but in my opinion there is no case to answer here.  Fly with the crows, get shot down with the crows.

Agree Mondo. I have no knowledge of the present case but if he's doing illegal shit and dies during illegal shit, good fucking riddance.

IF. Carrying a firearm is illegal, it's highly dangerous and we all know the risks.

After the Stephen Lawrence thing and countless instances of proven police injustice, I don't trust the pigs. They lie for a living as anyone who has ever worked in the Scottish criminal justice system knows.

Forgot to say, these mourners who never knew him are shit.

The police are trained not to shoot people who don't have a firearm pointing at them. It's pretty easy. If the guy isn't holding a gun, don't shoot him in the face.

It's not clear yet the exact events leading up to him being shot 3 times through the windscreen but there was a gun found in the footwell of the front passengers side where he was sitting.  I rambled on in my post a bit but it just gets on my nerve when all this fake grief and anger comes out from people claiming he was an angel.  I'm sure there is facebook pages up and running demanding justice for him blah blah yawn

Aye, I ken. Grief-wankers like. They can get fucked. The boy was probably a tool. The police weren't wearing cameras. That seemed strange to me. The swat team should never be called out without them. Unless they wanted to kill someone of course, then it's much better for you to leave yer camera at hame.

Aye, I ken. Grief-wankers like. They can get fucked. The boy was probably a tool. The police weren't wearing cameras. That seemed strange to me. The swat team should never be called out without them. Unless they wanted to kill someone of course, then it's much better for you to leave yer camera at hame.

I would have thought that a camera would endanger them?

I've never shot nae cunt but if I had to, I'd prefer to have two free hands.

Carrying a Nikon, let alone the tripod etc. would compromise matters.  ;)

I haven't heard of any of this but NEVER let the police think they can get away with just shooting someone.

Fuck sake lads, you're fitba fans, you know how the bastards behave.

AND they're getting younger, I saw one the other day, about 14 he was, and another pig came up to him and called him inspector.

I haven't heard of any of this but NEVER let the police think they can get away with just shooting someone.

Fuck sake lads, you're fitba fans, you know how the bastards behave.

AND they're getting younger, I saw one the other day, about 14 he was, and another pig came up to him and called him inspector.

Here's a link DD....

http://news.sky.com/story/m62-police-shooting-funeral-held-for-mohammed-yassar-yaqub-10719462

Like I say, I'm not sticking up for the police it's just the fact that all the stories are now coming out that this guy was a peaceful man, wouldn't hurt a fly  etc and they are complete nonsense.  He was carrying a fucking gun for christ sake.  Absolute shame that a life has been lost but come on.  In this case I hope the officers involved are cleared and get back to calling 14 year olds inspector.

Ok, I've read the link.

Took me a while to work out what a "sound moderator" was.

First thoughts are.

I hate religion

Anyone who takes a photo of a woman at her sons funeral needs shooting

Don't let the police play with guns

No doubt the bloke was a total arsehole and in the current climate a muslim with a gun is in dire danger of being shot.

I've retired from the real world, if they had listened to me in the first place this whole fiasco wouldn't be happening.

When I were a lad, it was the Irish that blew us up.

Good catholic lads they were, much better at it than these muslim wankers.

Funded by the yanks as well, so much for their war on terror.

As a wee extra let me say that I wouldn't believe a policeman if he told me it was Saturday.

FREE ASTRID PROLL

As usual DD, I'm more or less in total agreement, but as others have said further up the thread, this constant deification of any and every arsehole who meets a sudden end grinds my knackers.

Only the other day at work, when discussing what a scumbag this guy was, I opined that his fellow scum would crawl out of the woodwork informing anyone stupid enough to report it, how much of a great guy he was, salt of the earth, a good samaritan. Sure enough, that's what we're being fed, not that he was a drug dealing piece of shit driving around with a firearm.

Don't back the police often, but on this guuy, well done.

Every drug dealer I've ever known was an opportunist first and a criminal second.

The demand is there. Someone's going to supply it.

Putting aside the occasional occasions where the supplier seeks to expand the demand, I'm more interested in what's gone wrong in the lives of the supplied that they go beyond normal healthy experimentation to invest everything they have in drugs.

What little they had in most cases. The artistic genius and drugs doesn't interest me, Amy Winehouse being the most recent 27 club member. We live in a society where large proportions of our people are so disenfranchised that any reasonable prospect of hope has gone. And you and me, we voted for these people.