Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Lisping twat to close some "restaurants"

Can honesty say I've never been in one of his restuarants.

Now it might well be the case that I have missed out on some wonderful cuisine.

I do however believe instead visiting smaller independently run Italian restaurants has been the wise choice.

Was in London a good few years ago with the wife and we ended up in one of his places, thought it was pretty decent, but then again we were a bit boozy.

Made the mistake of going to the one in Aberdeen a couple of years back, truly dreadful.

Never good to see more folk being paid off though and yet another empty unit to sit alongside the Marischal Square development.

Maybe we can persuade a mobile phone shop and a bookies to take up the lease, there's not enough of those in Union Street.

Never good to see more folk being paid off though and yet another empty unit to sit alongside the Marischal Square development.

Maybe we can persuade a mobile phone shop and a bookies to take up the lease, there's not enough of those in Union Street.

Exactly! My Nephew works there part time, sure he will pick something else up no problem. Surely it was good to have a unit taken up with something other than a pound shop or a mobile shop.

I don't mind Jamie Oliver, only been in one of his restuarants before, it was on a cruise ship and the food was "pukka" :laughing:

I like Jamie Oliver... on TV. Yes he's a twat, in an idiosyncratic guffy style but I love his enthusiasm.

As for his restaurant on Union Street, we went once. Which kind of says it all. It was soon after it opened, we popped in for lunch and it was very poor. My wife and kids had been to the one in Glasgow and really enjoyed it but she agreed it was crap in Union Street.

I'm amazed if Oliver had anything to do with that chain. I assumed he sold his name and provided consultancy services and they got a bunch of franchised operators to crack on. The guys and girls running Aberdeen deserved to fail. Utterly clueless.

There's an even newer diner in Aberdeen who I think are vulnerable. I love their food but the owner doesn't understand the business. Service counts just as much as product in that game and I think some newer competition in the city might sink them. I won't say who (because I feel sorry for them being young and foolish and as I say, I love their product) but the easiest thing to get right, being nice to customers is something that some people don't get.

I was in the lispy cunt's dons restaurant a few months after it opened (work thing, didn't get a choice). Was pish. Was in last year - taken by a client - afore a dons game. Was vastly improved. Still not amazing. Have a mate (of a mate) who's a chef and worked in one in the central belt and said he was just heating up shite that was sent up from one of the other branches.

I, like Rocket, quite like Jamie Oliver because he seems to want to the right thing with regard to kids meals and shite and is very passionate about it and his food. His restaurants are the complete antithesis of this though and make me think that he might be charlatan cunt that'll do anything for money. As I say though, the Aberdeen one has improved, so perhaps he became more involved. His knives are shite too though, which make me think he's a charlatan cunt again. It's confusing. He puts his name to so much shite for money that it's difficult to take him seriously on the real issues. He needs a quality checker to look through his investments. It shouldn't be about the money at his level.

As Rocket said I doubt he has much to do with how the chain is ran. He'll have put his name on it to get folk through the door. Just like that hun cunt Gordon Ramsey across the ponds. Cunts can't seem to get enough of him over there. His name is attached to countless restaurants but he has no say in how they're ran in any way.

As Rocket said I doubt he has much to do with how the chain is ran. He'll have put his name on it to get folk through the door. Just like that hun cunt Gordon Ramsey across the ponds. Cunts can't seem to get enough of him over there. His name is attached to countless restaurants but he has no say in how they're ran in any way.

I was in the Savoy Grill 6 weeks ago and it was one of the best meals ever, one of the top 3 or 4. Just outstanding. It's Gordon Ramsay who is known for it but the (front of house) staff said they never see him. Nor do they need to. If he's setting the menus and has trained the head chef and is checking the customer feedback levels and/or receipts - the latter most likely if he's on a percentage - then he doesn't need to be there. You could taste the difference. Ramsay is a first class cook and a first class businessman. Oliver is a first class cook (but not catering to the same market i.e. not gourmet fine dining obviously) but might not be as shrewd when it comes to marketing his brand.

By the way, Ramsay is not all haute cuisine. I had a steak pie in suet pudding for £22!

Aye, that wis my point. He's (Oliver) basically saying it's a disgrace that kids are tricked into eating shite food whilst he tricks adults into eating in a restaurant on the pretense that it follows his values and passion for food. I have no problem with Ramsay, as he's just a spineless weasel cunt who happens to be an excellent chef whose food does the talking. He doesn't pretend to be morally perfect when it comes to food and food values. Oliver doesn't need the money earned by his restaurants, he just didn't need to put his name to something substandard both in quality and it's values - he should set himself higher standards, as he's perfectly capable of doing so.