Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Pet hates in Fitba

I dont mean the usual stuff like referees, diving and faking injury. I mean to me , well heres my two or three,

Kick offs in the centre circle, playing it back to the nearest player, for him to hump it right back into the opposite half. Straight out for a throw in or a defender. Pointless!

Players shielding the ball from any distance of the bye lines out. That is obstruction! Its a free kick

Professional fitba players doing foul throws! Ffs. That winds me up!

Time wasting is another am no a fan of. Especially trying to be smart,

Anything else get on yer tits?

Rangers obviously.

Advertising ( but that's nae just fitba)

The obstruction thing does my head in too.

Arseholes analysing things over and over again when there is no fuckin way the referee had any chance of seeing it from umpteen angles.

Twats in pubs talking about the analysis as if it was relevant.

Twats in pubs watching English games on TV as if it mattered.

Twats. in pubs.

Wow, where to start.  In no particular order whatsoever:

Liverpool, horrible club, horrifically annoying fans that live in the past. As paranoid as the Timothy and believe that folk should love them because they're not man United. No. You're still a club that's despised and I take great pleasure in your constant failure  :thumbsup:

Diving and time wasting (fans pay money for entertainment not that shite)

Players crowding round the referee

Shite referees

Feyenoord

The two cheeks of Glasgow.

Mexican waves. If there was ever an advert of what is shite about football, it's that.

English fans calling Scottish football a pub league and the SPL / sfa doing fuck all to help reduce this myth.

Gordon Strachan.

Cold, dry pies :( nothing more disappointing after queuing for ages, get to your seat and take that first bite. Gravy has dried up and it's stone cold (despite having clearly been blasted to an inch of its life)

1) Clubs being forced to have minimum capacities and remove terracing from their stadiums if they wish to get into the top league.

It went a long way to crippling so many Scottish clubs and now we have the legacy of thousands of empty seats or 2-3 sided stadiums.

Airdrie, Raith Rovers, Clyde, Dunfermline, Kilmarnock, Falkirk, Hamilton, Inverness, Livingston all spring to mind

If you can run a successful team with a 2000 capacity stadium then you shouldn't be penalised.

Only rule should be decent pitches (grass with adequate drainage & undersoil heating, or latest artificial turf), Decent floodlights, and stands with relevant safety certification.

2) Lower/ Non-league clubs being forced to play at neutral venues for cup games against certain clubs for 'safety' reasons. If its safe for a league match to be played there then it is safe for a cup match and if that means only 1500 people are allowed in then tough shit to those who miss out.

Doesn't happen in England-shire so why the fuck should Scotland be different?

3) The Champions league/ Europa League - Fucking Yawn every season

4) Semi-Finals at Hampden, Wembley etc.

5) Clubs being allowed to ban the BBC from entering their stadium despite being contractually obliged to, yet not being allowed to tell sky or BT to fuck off.

6) Yellow cards for celebrating with your own supporters/ taking your shirt off.

7) Supposed campaigns against racism, sexism, homophobia etc which are nothing more than PR exercises and do nothing to even attempt to resolve the issues.

8 ) Removing cash turnstiles. Don't care what anyone says, I reckon clubs miss out on a few hundred (maybe even thousand) fans every game because no one can be arsed with the hassle of queuing up at the ticket office/ club shop to either buy or even pick up tickets on the day.

All tom widdows ones ^^^^

Ultr groups trying to introduce samba style songs to a Scottish crowd.It doesnt suit us.Probably why it doesnt catch on.A bit more imagination could use eg,some of our hundreds of local traditional tunes,change the words and have unique songs that more of us could identify with

Folk standing in the back rows of the SS,when youre trying to watch the game from the concourse  ;)

Other teams to me is not a pet hate! Its just pure hate. And as for english fitba and the shite thats in it i have zero intrest in, am a Dons man.

Some very good stuff from Windows, agree with all u say.

And Manc, that english fan comment, spot on, the English cunts wind me up about that. And coming from fans that clubs are for bloody tourists.

Brings me to, English fans you have met who grew up supporting, preston, fullham, or any o the Sheffield teams, now support Manure, Arsenal, Chelsea and Man city. Glory seeking bastards.

Saying that, i know a few who loved the Dons as kids now support english shite and one worse, The Tims.

As i said thats no a pet hate thats just hate

9) BBC and other 'home' media covering Spanish/ German Football as if its taking place in the UK. Used to piss me off seeing Scottish Kids wearing English premier kits but I now welcome that over seeing scottish kids wearing real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich kits etc and saying they are their favourite teams.

10) The UEFA TV blackout for domestic matches taking place on champs league matchdays - WTF is this meant to achieve other than brainwashing future generations into glory hunting manu, chelsea, liverpool, madrid fans?

11) International football on weekends and 'international breaks'.

12) The 'we are just as big as' mentality of the Scottish football authorities and their use of this as justification to not switch to Summer football.

Minutes silence/applause. Should be reserved for people or events that have some special significance to the home team or , in extreme circumstances , the opponents e.g. If we'd been playing Chapecoense the week after their plane crash

and minutes applause which happen at a certain minute during the game get on ma tits even more. Often arranged For and by folk who have little or no connection to AFC

9) BBC and other 'home' media covering Spanish/ German Football as if its taking place in the UK. Used to piss me off seeing Scottish Kids wearing English premier kits but I now welcome that over seeing scottish kids wearing real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich kits etc and saying they are their favourite teams.

Surely the parents are to blame?

Short corners, especially when we do it. We seem to have no better than a 50% success rate of the ball actually entering the box when we do it.

Throw ins not being taken by the player who gets to the ball first. Unless you have a player with gorilla arms that can launch the ball right onto the pen spot, the throw in should be taken as quickly as possible by the player closest to the ball before the opposition have a chance to get into position and pick up all their markers. Or when the next guy comes jogging down the flank unmarked with his hand in the air signalling that he will take the throw in, take the opportunity to throw the ball to him instead of handing him the ball to try to throw it to someone who's fully marked. Again, it's something we've been terrible at for as long as I can remember.

The general wankfuckery shown by Aberdeen fans at Ibrox, Hampden and more importantly Pittodrie. Some of the utter nonsense you hear out of folk's mouths is embarrassing at best. The moaning and groaning and unmistakable air of negativity that engulfs Pittodrie 99.9% of the time thanks to our own fans. They get on the backs of our own players instead of trying to unsettle the opposition. Opposing managers rightly utilise the tactic of frustrating us because they know we're always a ball hair away from slating our own players. The abuse Niall McGinn gets is a fucking disgrace.

Folk who think they ken the rules but don't. (exemplified by the comments about shielding the ball as it goes out of play. You're allowed to shield the ball so long as you've in control of the ball.)

Linesmen watching a player busting a gut to get to a ball and then raise their flag for offside when they get there. As soon as a player is active the flag should go up surely? Sprinting to get to the ball is a player being very active!

Folk who think they ken the rules but don't. (exemplified by the comments about shielding the ball as it goes out of play. You're allowed to shield the ball so long as you've in control of the ball.)

How you can claim to have control the ball if you've not touched it? I think that's the argument, rather than not understanding. It's a bit of ambiguity, that's all.

How you can claim to have control the ball if you've not touched it? I think that's the argument, rather than not understanding. It's a bit of ambiguity, that's all.

If the ball is at your feet and you can kick it any time you want you're in control and shielding the ball is perfectly reasonable. If a player knocks the ball past you and runs round you and you block the player then that's different because you're not near enough the ball to be able to play it and in that case it would be a foul for obstruction. As far I know this is how the referees look at it.

If the ball is at your feet and you can kick it any time you want you're in control and shielding the ball is perfectly reasonable. If a player knocks the ball past you and runs round you and you block the player then that's different because you're not near enough the ball to be able to play it and in that case it would be a foul for obstruction. As far I know this is how the referees look at it.

Its called obstruction, with no attempt to play the ball! Dancing around the ball pushing back into a player is no in control, especially when a player is trying from every angle!

I know that, I was saying that that was the reason why people make the argument. There is often a distance between player and ball that would suggest they're not in control. Thus the ambiguity

What seems to have creeped into the game is: when a player charging toward the keeper after a defender passes it back, that defender deliberately blocks the charging players path. This is obstruction - the ball has already been released - but seems to be allowed.

Its called obstruction, with no attempt to play the ball! Dancing around the ball pushing back into a player is no in control, especially when a player is trying from every angle!

I get where you're coming from. I'm not a fan of it either but those are the rules. Which is what many just don't realise. As pish as many refereeing performances in this country are we have to remember that they spend much of their time studying the rules. We don't. The ref has to make a judgement call about whether the blocking player can play the ball as Rico alluded to. But to be honest 99 times out of 100 in the cases that I've seen they are close enough to shield the ball as per the rules.