Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Plans for

MálagaSheep

Christmas dinner?

are you staying in, cooking it yerself, heading out or round to family?

whats on the menu?

well it will just be the 4 of us in Casa Malaga, and papa Malaga will be on the hob and oven duties.

starter -        scotch broth or prawn cocktail

main course - Turkey crown, roast rib of sirlion beef,

Roast tatties, mashed tattie, roasted parsnip,carrots and apple in honey, brussel sprouts in Worcestershire sauce and

bacon, mashed neep, sage and onion stuffing, white pudding,(cant get mealie) pigs in blankets, gravy and cranberry

jelly

pudding -      Homemade sticky toffee pudding, ice cream

Cheese board, irish coffee

Drams

Think that it. Whats your day?

Ps. Love turkey on Christmas day, its the only time we have it, it's probably the only roast we have of the year also.

Only Mr & Mrs Donsdaft this year but that's fine.

I've given up on Turkey, no bloody taste at all.

I've tried it all from frozen supermarket to butcher to bronze to privately educated.

One year, when we lived at the cottage, I even bought one from a bloke who only raised half a dozen birds, still shite.

I used to love it when I was a kid so I've stuck with it for traditions sake, but no longer.

So, I will buy a hen. Not a chicken but an old boilling fowl.

I did this a couple of years ago, 2 hours in the pot and half an hour in the oven, fuckin delicious.

All the usual trimmings ( I remembered to take oat meal with me)

I will boil a ham as well so no shortage of food.

To make my life easier it's fresh fruit salad to start and I will buy a few slices of gateau for pudding.

From a large family,so one of us is doing a starter for Xmas dinner(me),one doing the main(brother) and one doing dessert(sister).Thankfully only 8 of us on Xmas day.

Usually a gathering of around 20 on Boxing day,though manage to avoid kitchen duties on that occasion... 8)

Heading round to the family home, can't wait!  Should have a decent turkey to pick up from the butchers on Christmas eve  8)

Morning whisky and champagne

Smoke salmon most probably

Turkey with all the trimmings, normal bread sauce for my parents and I, not for my g/f and my sister (bread sauce is always one of my highlights of Christmas)

Girlfriend is making a sticky-toffee pudding and we'll probably be having some chocolate log as well

Food coma and more booze!

I have been volunteered to cook.

looking for a change from Turkey, and am thinking of trying a rib roast (the one with the bones still stickin oot of it)

Only problem being is as I am jist hame I haven't had time to practise it.

Can you experts advise if this is a good choice and is it easy enough to cook??????

I have been volunteered to cook.

looking for a change from Turkey, and am thinking of trying a rib roast (the one with the bones still stickin oot of it)

Only problem being is as I am jist hame I haven't had time to practise it.

Can you experts advise if this is a good choice and is it easy enough to cook??????

Hoping my rib roast is going to be the same min. need to blast high in the oven first for 30mins and then low heat for 2.5 hours. Hopefully

We always have Beef Consommé to start with Melba Toast. That, the toast, is my job.

Turkey with loads of pigs in blankets and gravy and I have to have 3 x brussel sprouts apparently even though I'm not a big fan.

Red Sancerre and Chablis Premier Cru with the meal. Champagne pre meal (Bollinger + some really cheap stuff from Asda which is very good).

Carrot and Ginger soup with garlic bread

Turkey, roast tatties, mashed tatties ,sprouts, pigs in blankets, parsnip, carrot, red onion and garlic veg roast, stuffing and a mealie jerker ( I sent the wife to the butchers once and told her to ask for mealie jerkers, oh ma sides  ;D ) of course gravy too.

Whisky tasting time

Autumn Orchard crumble with custard

More whisky

More whisky

That's everything bought, so much for giving myself an easy life.

Sounds like the sausages could take centre stage.

I was a bit worried about them so we tested 3 different versions last night for supper along with far too much beer.

I'm reducing it to 2 types but only because the paprika and honey one is too big to just be an extra.

So, long thin ( pretty traditional chipolata type) and cocktail size frankfurter things which were bloody lovely from the oven instead of boiled.

Hen bought ( still with head) and stored between the double glazing to keep cold.

Bloody handy this double glazing, usually keep the drink there when we have a house full for xmas or new year.