Wednesday 15th May 2024:  kick-off 7.45pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Livingston

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

FT: Aberdeen 2-2 Bayern Munich

Vewy vewy pwowd.

Superb performance, particularly first half, and even in the second we only let them in a couple of times.

Absolutely gutted I couldnae be there, but thankfully work was quiet and managed to see the whole game.

Sounded a cracking atmosphere and just gutted we couldn't nick one at the death to recreate that famous score line.

As Mark Mcghee said this game could save our season.  Another humping and it may well have been down hill all the way, but if we don't take some confidence and inspiration from tonight we never will.

We need to get back in europe next season.  These games have been as big as any since I started watching the dandies and I've fucking loved it.

STAND FREE

What a magic performance, doubt I will have a night like that at Pittodrie again in all my days. We matched one of the top teams in Europe in every department, not just determination and heart but also in skill and ability. You just have to look at how Bayern got their two goals, a lump up to a target man and a penalty. We played some cracking stuff tonight and it is a testament to the players and the management that you can possibly come away from that game feeling a tad deflated at what happened. The European performances this season have made many of us proud to be Aberdeen fans again. The Allianz will probably be where the Euro adventure ends but what an adventure it has been, from those that were welcomed by "Come on you C**ts" in Dnipro to tonight.

STAND FREE

What a magic performance, doubt I will have a night like that at Pittodrie again in all my days. We matched one of the top teams in Europe in every department, not just determination and heart but also in skill and ability. You just have to look at how Bayern got their two goals, a lump up to a target man and a penalty. We played some cracking stuff tonight and it is a testament to the players and the management that you can possibly come away from that game feeling a tad deflated at what happened. The European performances this season have made many of us proud to be Aberdeen fans again. The Allianz will probably be where the Euro adventure ends but what an adventure it has been, from those that were welcomed by "Come on you C**ts" in Dnipro to tonight.

STAND FREE

Couldnt put it better myself.

Stand free, wherever, and whoever you may be!

Never imagined I would be writing this but actually feel a little bit deflated that we didn't beat them last night. I guess its the fact that we appeared to have one, possibly two penalty shouts every bit as good as theirs, coupled to the fact that Clangers initially saved it, but hey ho on reflection, who amongst us won't ahve taken that result before kick off.

Roll on next Thursday night in Munich :thumbsup:

As Mark Mcghee said this game could save our season.  Another humping and it may well have been down hill all the way, but if we don't take some confidence and inspiration from tonight we never will.

We need to get back in europe next season.

I thought McGhee was obviously delighted with the result. If I was a Motherwell fan I'd be a wee bit annoyed about the way he was smiling widely when he said it would save Aberdeen's season, given they're our current rival. A Dandy at heart.

Never imagined I would be writing this but actually feel a little bit deflated that we didn't beat them last night. I guess its the fact that we appeared to have one, possibly two penalty shouts every bit as good as theirs, coupled to the fact that Clangers initially saved it, but hey ho on reflection, who amongst us won't ahve taken that result before kick off.

Roll on next Thursday night in Munich :thumbsup:

During the game I felt a bit like that too. The penalty seeming particularly harsh as it didn't seem to be intentional by Maybury and then Langfield saving. But I would've loved a 2-2 draw before the game, and laughed at the thought of it when Schweinsteiger said in the P&J they'd be happy with a draw!

I took a non-Dandy to the game last night, his team is probably Man Utd ( ::)) but lives in Aberdeen now and had been looking to go to Pittodrie a few times. He absolutely loved it, said the atmosphere was better than Old Trafford and wanted to come back. I suggested the Gretna game for him to see what our atmosphere is normally like, but we certainly did ourselves proud last night. :)

Nae me - told the boss yesterday that I'm nae going in for 2 weeks - sickline sorted! Rehab! Still on full pay - it's a sair fecht!!!

Rehab next week will involve fishing, shooting, cycling, boozing, smirting and much sleeping!

and getting taunted all week about not being in Munich.

Well worth the hour it took to watch that,

:ultras:

Aluko's goal puts a tear in my eye!

Never realised how awesome both goals were, Walkers was just amazing, he went for the hard option by bending right around the defender, great goal, also how clever was alukos' wee touch with the nose?