Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Living the dream

Buc

Does anyone dream of buying abroad.

DD has a home abroad albeit with a duff boiler  :hammer:

Malaga lives abroad with his family and his kids are indeed bilingual.

Auld buc here has a townhouse in Spain like DD hard work over a number of years enabled the buc family to live the dream 2-3 months per year.

Does anyone else have a home abroad or indeed would love to at some point live the dream .

Yes I'm following on from Donsdaft post as people owning or indeed renting abroad has indeed became more popular by the year .

There's around 1-5 people from this island  now living in Spain .

Owning a home abroad during the 60-70s was really only for the wealthy but its now becoming more accessible to the masses.

And why not I think that's a good thing.

Outrageous posts, blatantly displaying utter disregard for those who couldn't be arsed making a decent life for themselves, who feel the world owes them a living and who resent others who have succeeded. This is a country that celebrates failure, how dare you make a success of your lives.

I'm going to have to go for a lie down.

I've seen the error of my ways.

From now on I will remain in blighty safe in the knowledge that the wops, spics, frogs, krauts etc. are safely ensconced across the sea.

Europeans are obviously just underhand bastards with dodgy boilers who only spik foreign to be awkward.

I've seen the error of my ways.

From now on I will remain in blighty safe in the knowledge that the wops, spics, frogs, krauts etc. are safely ensconced across the sea.

Europeans are obviously just underhand bastards with dodgy boilers who only spik foreign to be awkward.

:rofl: bravo!

Personally, am moving to NZ next year for a number of reasons but primarily I'm tired of London and resent the fact I have no real chance of buying a decent sized place anywhere logical to work. That and we can't see ourselves settling in London anyway. The ideal would be to buy here and over there as the housing market is stable enough so I guess it's a bit of a reversal of your question. Living the dream right now would be to own a home...

If I had the opportunity to buy somewhere else in Europe, it would probably be near Valencia or Barcelona. Preferably somewhere I don't have to rely on a dodgy boiler  ;)

Am living the Spanish Dream, dont want to make this sound stuck up, but for now and the foreseeable future i will not be moving back!

I moved here for my loons to get a outdoor lifestyle and a better upbringing,

Both are in Spanish school, both fluent in spanish, probably speak more spanish than english now, as its only to me and mum they speak english too, we also try and stick to all things Spanish, its very easy to move here and never need to know spanish and stick to the expat communities, but fuck that, i moved here to get away from all that shite!

Only the one thing i miss about back hame, is my trips into Pittodrie  every weekend or second weekend! Slow stream red tv is all i can rely on now!

Bloody secend cup Final in three years am missing out on two! Ffs

When our youngest finishes school and moves on, we are thinking what we might do.

Being an internet business, I could live anywhere and the wife isn't going to serve the NHS for ever. With the continuing insane management by Aberdeen City Council and the collapsing local economy, it had crossed our minds to emigrate.

Our favourite countries in the world are France and Italy. We spent 3 years in Melbourne in the early 90's. Two of our daughters were born there so they are eligible for dual citizenship but when we were offered it, we fled back home. It wasn't the money - $25 each to become an Aussie - it just forced us to confront the future and it wasn't a place we wanted to be long term.

I don't think I would ever emigrate again because there's only one home but it's a pretty sick country, this home. But within it, there are good people, uniquely and peculiarly Scottish people and I understand these people. Even when I don't like many of them, I know how they operate and I can see charlatans and wide-o's coming and can stay out of trouble. We are not Italian nor French so don't think we could ever feel at home there. I've lived in Hong Kong and Germany for 12 years and whilst I don't think I could live abroad again, we love visiting Europe and do so often. Not motivated to go beyond Europe these days, which is surprising.

If Aberdeen gets really bad with the oil collapse etc. and we decide it's time to leave, it may be to England, a country I've never lived in and one I never thought I would. I'll probably stay and do my best to contribute in any small way that we can to local affairs though.

I like Aberdeen.

My folks bide in Spain, brother in Engerlund.

I also can't be fucked travelling much out of Europe these days, although I'd like to head back to Sooth Africa perhaps for a trip.

I just like people. People are ace. Humans, good species like, featuring a few dicks.

I've lived in The Netherlands before and still visit once or twice a year. Every time I'm there i think to myself that I could easily live there again. But It's not something that I've got the will to do at the moment. Something would have to go seriously wrong here for me to take a step like moving abroad. The weather is shite in the UK, aye, but I'm nae fussed.

The longer I live in Scotland,the more i appreciate it.Love the landscape and variety of it,even like the variety of weather we get(all this fae a Unionist Buc  :thumbsup:).

Sister bides in NZ,and that is the only other place I would consider moving to,which is an option the older I get

I've been here in the Chicago suburbs for just over 6 years now. Came her to marry a wonderful woman and be with her and her family. Sadly she passed in 2013 but, being really close to my stepdaughters and granddaughter here I am staying. Even Trump won't come between us.

Was planning on becoming a US citizen next year, will have to wait and see now........

I've been here in the Chicago suburbs for just over 6 years now. Came her to marry a wonderful woman and be with her and her family. Sadly she passed in 2013 but, being really close to my stepdaughters and granddaughter here I am staying. Even Trump won't come between us.

Was planning on becoming a US citizen next year, will have to wait and see now........

I'm saddened by what you've went through teacher I really hope alls going well for you .