Monday 5th August 2024

St Johnstone v Aberdeen: kick-off 8pm

Favourite away day ?

Not sure if Hampden counts but that's mine.

Used to like going to the old Parkheid and ayeBrokes, don't like going to any of the Dungdee clubs now due to cops being  :wanker: Swinecastle is aright but usually more hassle than it's worth. Perth is boring and so is Fester Road these days. Away days were much better when you could stand.

Ten Caat, you must be fishing about meeting ICF in Edi!  8)

Pink cow shed for me. Arguably one of my most favourite stadiums I've been to purely because it's a cauldron everytime we go there. Fans right on the pitch, score a goal and the bounce sends you five rows down. Love it. Much better than larger soulless stadia I've been to. Just wish we were better there under McInnes!

Thought Hibs were the CCS?

Don't go to many aways now but the old Dens and Tannadice were good.Eastet Rd and Tyne castle terraces were too open. Needed a huge support to be fun.

Old Hampden pre seats was great.  Parkhead when we had a couple of hundred in the Main stand. Character forming    :eek:

Always loved the old Celtic Park, great atmosphere - they really hated us and Willie Miller in particular. They'd be giving abuse to him from the warm up onwards, and then we'd generally win.

Nowadays, can't say any of them really stick out for me as being that great. Tynecastle is a good ground but our record there is so poor I could never say it was a favourite.

Don't go to many aways now but the old Dens and Tannadice were good.Eastet Rd and Tyne castle terraces were too open. Needed a huge support to be fun.

Old Hampden pre seats was great.  Parkhead when we had a couple of hundred in the Main stand. Character forming    :eek:

Inter City Fleet were most definately Hibs. They had a few crews, CCS tended to focus their activities up near Waverley Station and the back streets around Leith Walk and the east end of Princes Street. By far the worst was Hibs Baby Service. Junked up stab happy mentalists.

Pre seats United was always great day out especially on the terrace along the side of the pitch. Inverness was good if messy day out until they stopped you drinking on the train before 10am and after 9pm. Used to leave Edinburgh at half 8 in the morning and get back at nearly midnight completely hammered. Not the same now. These days Tynecastle is probably the best away day. Great atmosphere in the ground and plenty of decent boozers around the ground.

Inter City Fleet were most definately Hibs. They had a few crews, CCS tended to focus their activities up near Waverley Station and the back streets around Leith Walk and the east end of Princes Street. By far the worst was Hibs Baby Service. Junked up stab happy mentalists.

Ah. confusing them with the Oldco ICF

Old Tannadice, Easter Road, Celtic Park.....fuck they were all better. East End Park was a good day out. Brockville, Love Street good atmospheric football grounds. FFS Douglas Park had an atmosphere in our cup games compared to the sanitised 2 sided shitehole they have now.

Good shout about East End Park, Dunfermline was always a good day out.

Elizabethan  8)

I must know you Elgin, if you can remember when we just had a few rows of fans in the main stand at Parkhead , character building indeed.

see also little groups in old Ibrox enclosure or surrounded by hibees on old Easter Rd steep slope, used to be 'interesting' times.