Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Scotland Internationals 'retiring'

Scott Brown- you quit the international team , now f*ck off.

If you're going to make a big attention seeking statement like quitting international football, then quit and don't ever come back.

Or stay and get on with the job.

It's pretty simple and it's not like returning to boxing for a big pay day.

Wouldn't let him near the team again.

I don't understand this concept of attention-seeking.

If a talented alpha male makes a decision at a certain age to do something for personal reasons, only a non-alpha male would misinterpret and twist it to such an extent that he reckons he did it for non-alpha reasons. Only weak cunts seek attention. Strong cunts do. Brown has been producing at the highest level in the country. Unfortunately international football isn't very good for this country. I don't agree with having enough in the tank to still produce and not giving it to your country but I don't blame him for it. It's his decision.

Just goes to show how completely disinterested I have become in the national team...I never even knew the slopey headed neanderthal fuck had 'retired'

The fact that he now fancies getting himself set off against england sadly makes me completely nonplussed. 

I think I get the attention seeking thing. Fit yer saying is that players never used to retire from international fitba, they just stopped getting picked and quietly moved off into punditry or something. Now they have to be seen to be making the decision for themselves and preempt the manager's own choice. I'd say it's possibly a more egotistical thing, although I suspect the managers these days probably offer the players the opportunity to retire. I certainly don't remember Strachan ever retiring for example, but I could be wrong, the first I remember I think for Scotland was fucking Dominic Matteo. As for Brown, he was fucking atrocious the latter half of last campaign for Scotland and shouldn't have been near the team. He was playing poorly for his club (don't think he liked Delia, certainly not Collins and was playing within himself) and Strachan's insistence on playing an out of form player was one of the major reasons we failed to qualify. Now he's back on form and would happily sit in that team instead of Bannan, but typically he's unavailable. I don't think it sits well to have him back for a single game, and I personally think that McArthur, Fletcher and even Morrison are better players these days. I'd rather have Jack or Shinnie in the squad if there's an available space for someone.

Honestly, if he's playing well and fit I'll take him in the current situation. Given the shit Strachan picks - players who are off form or not playing weekly - Brown is not the worst player we could pick. Saying that, wait until you see him sent off in the first half of the England game!