Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Finding another gear

Right,this isnt meant as a thread for picking holes in McInnes' management,rather trying to find what we need to do to get more out of what weve got.

Even before the result on tuesday,and after reaching the final,there was a slightly more subdued atmosphere than possibly expected? Despite our results,is it fair to say,its never felt like weve gotten into a proper rhythym as a team,including nearly all last season (IMO).So,assuming there may be another untapped 20% still to be seen,how do we find it,or what do we need to change to get it,with the squad weve got

Would the players respond more to a different style of football. Something a bit more adventurous? Is it tempo/intensity? like we saw more of in 2013/14

Just throwing it out there.Ho do we get more out of what weve got?..(or should we shut up and be grateful    :razz:)

I suppose that is the million dollar question my friend.  I agree with you, a 6 game winning streak including two 4-nils and a great win over der hun yet there wasn't exactly a buzz around the club or supporters.

I personally think the biggest problem is lack of consistency in a lot of players.  We have a few players who you know what you are going to get with them, Hayes especially but when a lot of other players in the team aren't showing that kind of attribute everything seams to go a bit stale.

My two biggest gripes about McInnes are his lack of faith in youth and his inability to use his squad. We have some good players who make up our first 11 and no issues with that, but some players, like McGinn, Hayes, Rooney, McLean, needing dropping from time to time, to keep them fresh and on their toes and give much needed game time to our bench warmers. I don't buy into this that a player should be coming off the bench and change the outcome of a game, especially if we have been playing poorly and the said player hasn't played in a few weeks.

I just find it frustrating at times, some weeks we look like world beaters and the next you are left pulling your hair out. It would be good to see how McInnes operates with the players on a day to day basis and what he thinks of the squad overall and why he hates giving youth a chance.

Hayes is an enigma as is McGinn. Both as we know can be matchwinners on their day but if they are off form they are passengers and in Mcginns case its like playing with 10 men.....at least when Jonny is off form he will still try like a c@nt.

Our problem remains being lightweight when playing big physical teams. We still need a big bruiser of a midfielder in the style of a Draper or a Rogic. Shinnie and Jack are doing the job at present but neither are physically imposing enough to do it properly. ( Aside the fact Shinnie is best at left back  and playing him there would allow us to try Consi beside O'connor at centre back which i think may prove to be our best pairing).

I really hope McInnes is allowed to address this in the January window, spending 250-300k if necessary to get the right man in

I reckon like me, a lot of fans are thinking the league is perhaps over already and they're pissed off.

That Hamilton performance and result was just utter sh*te.

I'm no gloom merchant but we need to beat Celtic on Saturday or it's see ya later.

Much like Scotland v England.

:dunno:

I'd also give Stockley far more game time.