Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The song that...

Stupie82

... takes you back to one of the happiest times in your life!

Takes me back me to 1996, 14 years old and entering some of the best years of my life. Cracking group of mates, causing havoc and laughing till we dropped.

Love listening to it and takes me back to much simpler times  :smile:

I remember this was one of the first tunes that got me absolutely hooked on electronic music.  Absolute belter of a tune.  There are a lot to choose from, but I'd probably go with this one.  In the pub back at school, loads of mates having a sing song and having a brilliant time:

Was also a tune I listened to a lot when going down to Newquay after GCSE's.  Good times  8)

1984 and I'd just met the wife, went to Lanzarote with a few mates, cutting about in my Tacchini t shirts (with matching socks  :laughing:) thinking I was Airchie smoking like a lum on duty free Peter Stuyvesants and constantly listening to U2 at Red rocks Under a Blood Red Sky....still love this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCSLFilZZKs

Played drums back in the day.Remember trying to find a type of music that I didnt kno the name of,til I heard this guy.

Thats it!,Thats it!!  Its name,the Blues !!

Spent years playing in blues and rock bands from then.

Good times  8)(amongst some shite)

Could easily have gone in 70's guilty pleasure thread.

This song holds very very special memories for me.

Xmas 1976 and my first true love (excluding AFC obviously).

Maureen you know who you are and hope you're out there and life has been good to you  :thumbsup:

Fuck me, feeling all sentimental sitting typing this, is it really forty years ago :redface:

Could easily have gone in 70's guilty pleasure thread.

This song holds very very special memories for me.

Xmas 1976 and my first true love (excluding AFC obviously).

Maureen you know who you are and hope you're out there and life has been good to you  :thumbsup:

Fuck me, feeling all sentimental sitting typing this, is it really forty years ago :redface:

I cant believe my song from below was 20 years ago... even typing 1996 feels like it was only 10 years ago, not 20. Cant imagine what 40 years must feel like. Its good to reminisce  ;D

40 years jesus where did time go. I remember the Chicago tune well as it reminds me of rushing home from playing from playing for the Boys Brigade fitba team on a Saturday morning to try and catch the last half hour on Swap Shop and get the latest chart rundown. The Chicago song seemed to be in the charts forever

Stood in the middle of the old Eden Park Terraces waiting for the 2005 Tri nations final to start and this came on the big screen. Decided then and there to get the fuck out of Auckland and made a proper go of Kiwiland

This is one of my favourite songs, and videos.

There is a strong suggestion of pathos in picking songs that represent the "happiest" times of our lives. It's like the best days are behind us, not here and now and not coming to us in the future.

What this song did for me was to change my mind on a long held view and opinion and the process of change is by itself life-affirming, particularly 180 degree shifts like this. It's evidence of growth mindsets (Professor Carol Dweck, Stanford) and humility, being able to say that we were wrong.

20 odd years ago there was "the battle of Britpop", the debate about Blur or Oasis. I was strongly in favour of Oasis. I didn't like Blur. I loved Liam Gallagher. I didn't like Damon Albarn. This post Blur song and video from Albarn opened my eyes to the fact that I had missed everything that Albarn had been doing and all that Blur were about so I revisited their full catalogue.

I don't agree with the concept of "battles" in the comparison of art. It's invalid. But where Oasis appealed to the younger me, with raw rebellion and plenty of balls, Albarn's music proved to be deeper with a broader range, highly innovative and richly beautiful. It lasted longer. Feel Good Inc. will never grow tired. It's just so good. It appeals to the soul.

Foreign music festival trip with some mates. Lying on a beach in Serbia beside the Danube. Beers being served by gorgeous Eastern European ladies. This thing playing in the background.

Not exactly the finest tune the world has ever seen. No idea who the fuck it was, but was a good soundtrack to that moment in time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ajJ43siTwo