Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

New Scotland Manager?

Dandy_Don

Would have thought it would be to early in his career for Deek to take on. Anyway needs to be somebody from outside Scottish football who does not have any connections to either of the bigots. Someone who will pick players based on their form and not which club they are playing for.

Would have thought it would be to early in his career for Deek to take on. Anyway needs to be somebody from outside Scottish football who does not have any connections to either of the bigots. Someone who will pick players based on their form and not which club they are playing for.

I tend to disagree about needing someone from outside Scottish football. I'm not saying all foreigners are going to turn out as useless at Bertie but i reckon they'd all be inclined to go down the same route as he did, and indeed Strachan, and pick anyone in the English leagues who's heard of Scotland. The Scottish leagues are given so little credit outside of Scotland any non-Scot is not going to consider home based players.

My money is on a glorious failure against the English which buys Strachan some more time...

Aye, i'm expecting this too - we go 1-0 up through a scrappy fluke then do nothing but sit and clumsily defend, England will be wasteful with their 90% possession but eventually score twice late in the game to kill us off.

In his post-match interview, Strachan will use words like "magnificent", "outstanding", and "unfortunate" to justify yet another loss, his job will be secured, and we don't see another world cup until 2086 when the competition is expanded to 256 teams.