Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Whats your irrational fear?

Stupie82

As the title suggests!

Mine is the fear of flying. I used to be a great flyer and loved every second. That was until I was on a flight back from Florida to New York in 1998 and we were landing in thick fog. The pilot told us there would be a little turbulence, but that we would be landing in 10 minutes time. Except, what he actually said was 2 minutes time and i had misheard.

So in my head, ten minutes was the expected ETA... then while I was casually looking out the window at the fog, I suddenly see the nose of another plane and its flashing wing lights right next to my own plane and i completely shat it! Our plane then landed with a thud on the runway about a second later, and i realised that the plane i had just saw, was actually taxiing to the runway. For that split second though, i thought it was going into side of us mid-air and all because i had misheard the ETA and the fact the fog was thick at ground level... I almost didnt get on the next flight home and have been terrified of flying ever since, though i do still do it!!

So whats your's?

I'm not great with heights, I can lean on the railing of a cruise ship 16 decks up and look over no problem but If I'm somewhere that's vaguely high that you can see through or that moves I get all scared and want to hold on to something.

Hard to describe but I think in my head it's got something to do with the control I have?

It's edges do it for me.

Heights are not really a problem if I have something to hold on to but even seeing someone else near an edge ( at height) then I am about spewing

Aye edges do it for me too, though like you, i wouldn't say i'm afraid of heights as such.

Regarding foggy landings, I was flying into old Kai tak airport coming from Korea and the fog was dreadful.

I was in and out of Hong Kong a fair bit so was used to flying through the skyscrapers.

Fog fog fog.. fuck me a ship higher than us..land.

We had come in the other way, I about shit mysel.

Loose.  As long as they're attached to something I can handle it.  Loose ones give me the willies.

Aye, it's superfluous ones for me. Freaky cunts of things. Birds and kids clothes are full of them, it makes me sick. Dolls though, that's the one. Horrendous things.

Aye, it's superfluous ones for me. Freaky cunts of things. Birds and kids clothes are full of them, it makes me sick. Dolls though, that's the one. Horrendous things.

I'm nae a big fan of dolls either, although the worst ones for me are those life like baby ones.... whats that all about. Dont like clowns much either, toy or human.

Pigeons, I fucking hate them. I know it's generally down to us that they've spread as much as they have but they're always up to no good and flying at me. Cunts. It's like they know.

Other one is probably being confined in a tight space, even though I don't necessarily mind being in them.  The thought of it frightens me.