Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Posters on Here Who've Played Football

Donser AFC

I'll kick this off, was a Goalkeeper for a few teams in Saturday Amateurs, Sunday Amateurs and Sunday Welfare, i even played Saturday afternoon, Sunday morning and Sunday afternoon amateurs for a season. (nae wonder my knees are shot) Finally hung up the gloves at 36 in 2008, kept taking bouts of Sciatica from rolling about the rock hard ground at Sheddocksley, Inverdee, Hazelhead and Aulton... :eek: and various boots to the head and body from the dregs of Aberdeen amateur players. Still get gyp from my knees too.

Even after 10 years i still really miss it, although i was doing a bit of GK coaching for a while for my nephew's Under 12 team.  :thumbsup:

Appreciate all comments.

As a kid was on Middlesbrough books but returned home after 2 weeks didn't enjoy it .

Didn't start playing again till I was 21 when drinking in the pub guy said to me hey buc you're a goalie I said aye was about 5 years ago.

But not played since .

He said fancy playing in goals for us the morn

Not sure not played in years

He said doesn't matter we get beat 20 nil every week ..

That was the buc hooked ever since started going up through the leagues eventually played for formartine and Deveronvale.

Packed it in during a long bad winter lay off and noticed my running was getting much better so never went back and became a Scottish internationalist hill runner .

Sport has been very kind to me. Loved my sport and I still do.

Great topic this. :thumbsup:

Never really played at a high level. Played for Cruden Bay and had a stint at Mintlaw, but now only play 5 aside in Turra! Stopped playing football for about ten years and found it very difficult to get back into it, but now im enjoying it again and the fitness is increasing every week.

There was talk of a trial with "them" when I was a youngster but I was certainly not interested in that.

"The new Derek Parlane"  :laughing:

Played my juvenile football for Torry FP's

Amateur level mostly for Theologians NE

Sunday League for Red Star (player/manager)

Also for a couple of seasons I was manager of Aberdeen Ladies.

So, as you can see, I had a far more glittering career than if I had headed down Ibrox way.

The truth is that I was never really any better than a decent amateur player.

I enjoyed my football very much though and retired far too early when my first son was born.

Amateur level mostly for Theologians NE

My mates the manager o Theologians.

I used to love a kick a boot in the Northfield pitchies, we started a team .....Heatheryfold and entered a Sunday "friendly" league at Shedocksley. Think I lasted one season and couldn't be arsed getting out of bed on a Sunday morning so packed it in.......we were shite anyway  ;D

Can't remember when started playing fitba. Played every single day as a kid. Retired at 31 in Melbourne, playing in games that the Brits were doing their football pools coupons on. Was asked to go Highland League a couple of times and after one training session which took over 3 hours just travelling there and back, decided not worth it. Spartans the best team I played for, travelled from Glasgow to Edinburgh twice a week but favourite team was Walker Road. We had a great mix and even though we thought we were the best amateur team in the NE, the history books proves otherwise. We were a brilliant drinking and trapping team though. Played junior too but the standard not as good as expected (in the NE) and too many soft wankers who thought they were good but weren't, mostly forwards actually. Had some great defenders in the junior ranks was what I recall.

Was never any better than pub league, played for a team in the Port Elphinstone part of Inverurie called SV Porto, the SV stood for Soccer Violence.  :laughing:

Also played in the 7 a-side business league in Inverurie until i got my cruciate ligament snapped for me,  actually it was more a Roy Keane style snapping as it was me going in mad / stupid. Was only 24 and never played again, was gutted.

My mates the manager o Theologians.

Next season will be the 40th anniversary of Theo's

If they are thinking of having any sort of celebration then give me a shout.

I don't mind presenting the Player of the Year award.

Donsdaft, player of the year, 1977/78  :thumbsup:

Next season will be the 40th anniversary of Theo's

If they are thinking of having any sort of celebration then give me a shout.

I don't mind presenting the Player of the Year award.

Donsdaft, player of the year, 1977/78  :thumbsup:

I remember playing against Theo's many a time a very good team they were too.

Also remember them being a very very tall team .

As a bairn i never had a fitba away from my feet, played for a few local clubs and had trials with highland league teams but a stupid accident at school fecked my knees, when i recovered and had physio, i went and done a stupid thing by playing in a local village 5aside tournament, went in for a 50/50 and fecked my knee again. And that was the last of the fitba.

Until 4 years ago i moved to Spain and have been back playing again, and this Sunday i am playing in a 7 aside tournament in Marbella.

I play 7aside 4 times a week, i play 11aside every 2nd weekend, but that has stopped for just now, i play in a Scotland v England 7aside Games that we have beat the Nigels 5out o 5 times and now they sulk and havent had a game for a while. And every once a year i play in a charity match V Bolton vets, thats cracking games last 3 i have been involved in!

Also have met alot and play with alot of old pros. Played against the Argie Claudio Caniggia, down in Marbella playing with all south Americans, by fuck they are wild.

Am good friends with Steve Whitton, who played for west ham, Birmingham and other teams, am also good friends and play alot with a frenchman that was on loan at Killie, only know him as Mikeal. Very good player, he wants me to start playing for a team in Fuengirola, but i cant do it due to commitments with my loons fitba!

So now am playing more fitba now than i was back in the day, and believe it or not, 3and a half year ago i had my lower spine rebuilt and was a luck man not to have landed in a wheelchiar!

Loving it back having a kick about.