Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The first time

donsdaft

Music wise.

What song signalled your passage from boy to young man.

Not in a sexual way ( necessarily) just the song that made you waken up to the real world.

Joni did it for me, I left the caravan ( in 1970) and by the time I reached Lossimouth beach I was thinking of other things.

Brilliant question. Good thread.

Not actually applicable for me as it wasn't music that got me into girls. I was in love with girls in primary school. Can still remember my first loves and my early fantasies, mostly rescuing damsels in distress.

I can't remember when I didn't love music either and Joni Mitchell one of my all time favs, although not necessarily that song. A Night at the Opera was my first LP. Led Zeppelin were the band I got heavily into in the 70's.

Women are still the biggest driver for me. I fucking love women. More than anything else.

Probably get pelters for this but song that reminds me of the first time i fell in love ( tho I was too immature to do anything about it) was when I was 11.......Sandy by John Travolta in Grease.

This was in 1st year at high school the girl in question ended up going out with a 6th year when we were in 2nd year. And now aged 50 she looks like a horse ( seriously) and dresses like a 1930s housemaid.

I suppose time hasnt been too kind to me either though....

Ma father had never a great taste in music, but the week before he got killed, he sat with friends in his house and a discussion about funerals was spoke about and this was the song he wanted played at his funeral when it came, dont think he wanted it played so soon tho!

As i stood over his coffin looking down on his casket with his name and the Dons scarf he had stuck on his lorry window, and this music playing, i said to myself "malaga its time to grow the fuck up, who the fuck is going to watch over me and keep me right, i have to fill his shoes"

I never will but i always try.

From that day on i changed into a man, time to face the real world!

Sorry its a bit sappy, 

Ma father had never a great taste in music, but the week before he got killed, he sat with friends in his house and a discussion about funerals was spoke about and this was the song he wanted played at his funeral when it came, dont think he wanted it played so soon tho!

As i stood over his coffin looking down on his casket with his name and the Dons scarf he had stuck on his lorry window, and this music playing, i said to myself "malaga its time to grow the fuck up, who the fuck is going to watch over me and keep me right, i have to fill his shoes"

I never will but i always try.

From that day on i changed into a man, time to face the real world!

Sorry its a bit sappy,

Doesn't matter if it's sappy or not Christ I had a tear running down my eye reading your story.

Very sad. :AFC2:

I suppose for me it was when I first decided to listen to something I wasnt much used to at the time. My dad had a great taste in music, but I never really appreciated it and often just listened to pop.

In 1994 i was given an album for my birthday of a band i had never even heard of. It sat in my room for a few weeks, still sealed and gathering dust. I was sitting next my mate on the bus to school one day and he was listening to what I would call his usual rubbish. He always tried to get me to listen to his stuff, but i was never keen, as he was into the Doors and the Beatles, which wasn't my sort of thing at all. Anyways, i chucked on the headphones and heard for the first time; Live Forever.. it changed me right there and then. My mate told me the band was Oasis and I told him that I got their album for my birthday, but never opened as i had never heard of them before. The song gave me goosebumps and stuck in my mind all day. As soon as got home i threw on Definitely Maybe and to this day it still remains one of my all time favourite albums. Not everyones cup of tea, but i had changed from listening to child pop, to some more grown up music!!

Malaga... it's not soppy at all!! I had the very same song played at my Grandads funeral and it always reminds me of him!